staffbull

Help! effio 700

Hi, bought a sony effio 700 tvl varifocal off ebay. Hooked it up today to my 4channel maplin "sentient" dvr - distance is clearer (my other 2 cams are 480 tvl) so expected that.

However, night mode is AWFUL! the cheap 480's that were supplied with the DVR have a noisy picture at night, anthough the effio is sharper it only has one spot of IR illumination in the center of the picture. The cheap 480 have a much further vision.

there are twice as much LED's on the effio but no where near the distance !

I'm lost now, I wanted the same distance (30m) of IR but sharper, hence getting the effio. all I can see now is a 6ft image about 5m from the camera!

Unfortunately, when ordering cameras off of ebay, you never really know what you're going to get.Depending on your budget, i would put a little extra money aside and buy a.camera or cameras that are of a kown brand but easy on the pocket such as Dahua.This way you can at least purchase them from a reliable retailer and get a warranty.

Thanks, case has been opened on ebay for its return!

Any other brands worth looking out for? and available here in the UK

Thanks

Couple of catures.

1st is the cheapo supplied with the DVR, I think they are 480TVL - but as you can see, the IR has a good spread but picture is noisy

216444_1.png

second is the effio, less noise, but less to see as well!

Both pictures are in same lighting conditions

216444_2.png

If I could get the same spread of IR capture with the lower noise I'd be a happy bunny!