Sign in to follow this  
HiddenMountain

Mobile Video Recording Systems

I was just looking at some of the old topics and Kawboy12R had suggested a new forum dedicated to mobile CCTV.

I have been looking into one system, mainly because it's the only one I've found so far, and it seems to be pretty well built. Not cheap at around $2000.00 for a 4 channel system.

Here's a link... http://www.windshieldcam.com/

It's mainly designed for trucks but it could be adapted to other vehicles, although the cams would look rather strange on a car...

Any one have any thoughts about these or know of other makes out there?

roadhawk has a GPS receiver and the software links with google maps so you can view the vehicle journey after the event on the map while watching the video. Also uses the GPS to calculate speed.

Do you mean mobile CCTV for road / driver safety like Roadhawk, or mobile CCTV for passenger areas of buses/trains? There is a difference.

I'm looking for the mobile, mounted to the vehicle type systems, like the one in the link I provided.

Like I said, the Windshield Cam is the only one I have seen so far. The Roadhawk is close but it looks like it only has forward and backwards facing cameras, which would be basically useless for large vehicles.

I'm looking to offer these types of systems and would like to know what all is out there.