jpl90

Problems with network configuration

Hi! I own a Dahua DVR. I've tried it at home, configured network forwarding ports in my WRT54G with DD-WRT, I've been able to see my 4 cameras from the Internet, etc etc...

Then I took the DVR to its real home, a place where conventional Internet is not an option. Having access to the Internet through an A4001N router (1), I had to configure a PtP with 2 Ubiquiti NanoBridge at 5.8 GHz (3.5 km) (2), then an outdoor TP Link antenna (300 m) (3), and finally a TP Link router (bridge mode) (4), providing the DVR with Internet through its ethernet port. I had no other convenient choice.

The fact is that, when trying to access the DVR from the outside, I have problems. Connected through wifi to (3) or (4) (both of them) I can see it in 192.168.1.108:81 (as well as the router A4001N setup), but connected to (1) I can't. Besides, connected to (3) and (4) I can't see them inserting the public IP (even though I had created virtual servers in (1) -I hope correctly- for ports 37777 (TCP) 37778 (UCP) and 81 (TCP/UCP), because the router won't let me use port 80: I changed "HTTP Port: 81" in the DVR config as well).

Any ideas of what might be causing the problem? Or ways to find it? Can the Ubiquiti link be the problem? I tried unticking "Firewall" in (1) and (4), with no success... I've not played with Ubiquiti's configuration yet.

Thanks in advance! The only problem is that I don't have the DVR/network at home, so I'd collect ideas and try them all together when I can.

JP