Hiya Folks,

Am in the planning stages for an IP setup here at my home. I have two buildings to worry about with one being the house and the other being a detached garage. I'm using Cat6 cable and will be using PoE IP cameras. Currently planning on the lower priced Acti offerings. Anyway, my questions. I don't have eaves (or an attic for that matter!) so whatever I put up outside will be mounted to the wall and be fully exposed. We have horrific UV here so I'm conncerned about how well the cameras would hold up. I think I'd prefer the domes as they are less obtrusive but the bullets would seem to offer better protection. So just looking for any insight as to which would provide the best option in terms of holding up the sun around here. As you may have guessed, not much rain (which means stuff gets spotty when it does rain...another vote for bullets I'd imagine)!

Cheers.

I prefer domes in most cases (and vandal resistant domes for that matter). Bullets are more acceptable if installations are really high.

Bullets can be "bumped" if low; where vandal resistant domes don't have that problem.

Wall mounting brackets are available for domes (since you don't have eaves).

IMO

Thank you. I'm definitely leaning towards the domes. The locations would be around 12' above the ground so I could probably use the bullets but I think the domes just look less obtrusive. My real concern at this point is how they will hold up in our very high UV environment here in the desert southwest.