Sign in to follow this  
PeteCress

ActI 5311: Autofocus Issues?

This is a 32x zoom cam with auto focus.

Since day 1, when it zoomed to nearly the full 32x there were intermittant instances of it not re-focusing.

Now the instances have gotten more frequent to where it's 100% on a full zoom and almost 100% on the 3 presets that are more than 16x.

e.g: http://tinyurl.com/cza25gw right after the zoom

http://tinyurl.com/cvx98s7 after hitting "Refocus".

My kneejerk reaction is to write a macro for each preset that zooms to the desired level and then issues a ReFocus command or two.

But what's bothering me is that this thing seems tb going downhill. i.e. something has changed since day 1.

Anybody been here? Am I headed for a camera failure?

Open a support ticket with ACTi, they should have come with a 3 year warranty.

I did that and ACTi's support was, IMHO, quite good.

Basically they told me to flash the firmware with the latest version; somehow I managed to do it incorrectly; then they logged in to my server and did it correctly for me. Now all seems to be well. I even think the image is better... OTOH, I think my car runs better after a wash and wax.... -)

I give ACTi support five stars: they were prompt to reply, they picked up the ball and ran with it, and their responses during the case were timely and helpful.

Glad it all worked out. Many people overlook support as the #1 place to get help from, maybe because a lot of us have less expensive, for the most part unsupported cameras, LOL.