123Jeff

Hello all.

Hi Guys, could some kind person direct me to the right section of the forum to discuss lack of software in a maplins sentient camera system ?

Don't think there is a forum for Maplins sentient cameras. Just pick something that's close based on analog vs network. Many folks on here just read via "active posts" or "unread posts" anyway, so all forums get read. Too hard to filter through all of the forums individually. I'd think either IP cams, DVR cards and software, or maybe General Discussion depending on what the cam is based on.

I am Charles fom the Philippines. We just started installing basic CCTV in buildings using equipment available from Local Dealers. We have installed over ten systems but am not still not too satisfied with the DVR's recording. Wanted to use high resolution camera's and D1 recording. My problem is I am confused what is better to use when it comes to the power supplies and the type of cable . Some Dealers recommend using CAT 5E Cable with Video Baluns, centralized power supply and a UPS System in case of Power Failure which is prevalent in the Philippines.

May I know your experiences with centralized power supplies or if it is better to use 1 power supply per camera installed near the camera and not at the headend beside the DVR's. Distances from Headend to Cameras are from 10 meters for the cameras in the ground floor to 280 meters for the camera's at the top of the builidng. There are 6 DVR's 16 channel, 6 MOnitors, and 90 Infrared Cameras.Thanks for any recommendations.

Hello Charles

We always prefer to use CCTV Cables not CAT5 for installing our systems. Because CAT5 responds better on network systems not CCTV systems.

As your metering goes up to 280 meters you should use 4+1 CCTV cables which has at least 0,50 mm x2 powers)

What is your concern or problem with DVRs? Resolution? Recording ? Playback? HDD ?