Sign in to follow this  
tome9999

Axis ACC and Acti cameras

I am (still) trying to decide on a system for my residence and am waffling between being cheap, getting a Lorex, or going with an Axix P3367-ve at the front door and an Acti bullet or two (E43) at a couple other locations. I want highest res possible especially at my front door as I want to be able to have some vision from the door down the driveway which is fairly long. If I use the Axis and Acti together can I use the Axis ACC software to view the videos on the Acti cameras, or it is Axis only? I like the idea of having local storage on the cameras, but I also like having a backup via streaming, ftp, etc. I guess I could do a dedicated pc in the basement running BI or something as well, I assume both Axis and Acti will work with that, but if I could avoid the additional cost for that all the better...

Thanks

Tom

I have the Axis P3367-ve, Axis M1014 (720P w/ edge recording), and ACTi e31 (and other cheap cameras)...I don't see a way for the Axis ACC program to access or playback video from non-Axis cameras. Don't think it's possible.

I use the Axis M1014 (indoor-rated) on my front porch and it has been working fine. My only issue with it is that it doesn't have night vision but the porch lights do fine to light the scene at night. Yes it's indoor-rated but it's well covered by the porch and if/when it dies I'll either get another one or upgrade to an outdoor version.

My plan is to standardize on Axis cameras for my primary views (since they don't need an NVR) and also have ACTi cameras that would require a PC or NVR to record. That way I can record video from all cameras but if my PC shuts down (or breaks ) the Axis cameras will still be recording to the network share.

If I use the Axis and Acti together can I use the Axis ACC software to view the videos on the Acti cameras, or it is Axis only?

The ACC software is Axis products only.

I use a dedicated B.I. pc for all my Axis cams.

Edited by Guest

Both Axis and ACTi provide products, but only works with their own brand, so I would recommend you stick to one brand. Axis has the advantage that ACC runs without a PC being on but ACTi has the advantage that their NVR software blows ACC away, no contest but I can certainly understand the merits of both.

But I know the lure of finding the newest shiniest new toy and not being brand loyal, so I run two products on the same PC, not ideal. I run ACTi NVR for my ACTi cameras and BlueIris for other cameras. My goal is to move to ACTi only like I used to have it since their cameras have gotten a lot better and a lot more affordable. But no reason you can't do the same, run ACTi NVR for those cameras and run ACC for the Axis cameras.

Thanks for the replies!

Np.

Keep in mind that continual SD (on-board of the camera unit itself) writing does have a life expectancy.

Consult the specs of the card you purchase.

Sometime 1 manufacturer does not have ALL the cameras that covers all users needs & niches. Hence mixing & matching cameras cannot be avoided. I tried running the Acti & the Axis NVRs in addition to BI. My problem came when trying to view all cameras on my TVs. I ended up using Dahua & Hikvision NVRs since both NVRs support Axis, Acti among other camera brands.

Sometime 1 manufacturer does not have ALL the cameras that covers all users needs & niches. Hence mixing & matching cameras cannot be avoided. I tried running the Acti & the Axis NVRs in addition to BI. My problem came when trying to view all cameras on my TVs. I ended up using Dahua & Hikvision NVRs since both NVRs support Axis, Acti among other camera brands.

I use my Xbox for the TV (but usually just my IPad and the iOS app) to view BI remotely.

So, Xbox using I.E. to hit BI webserver on my network.

Or you could just get a HDMI extender and run from your pc to tv; Or http://www.networkcameracritic.com/?p=1049

Lots of options that way for remote viewing on a tv

Is that true? If I get a Lorex system with nvr the Acti and Axis cameras can record to it?

I don't need to see anything on a TV generally, unless I was scrutinizing something. Generally, I will be using the ipad/iphone app, so that has to be useable.

Tom