Sign in to follow this  
Dorf411

ACTi E34 poor video quality help requested

I just received the E34 bullet and got it setup, it looked a bit washed out indoors but figured I would set it up outside and make the quality adjustments. After putting it outside the video had a redish pink hue to it that I cannot get rid of.

I have done the following: Update firmware to latest, reset to factory defaults, test all various settings in the Video/Compression, Image, Exposure tabs. I also looked at the review by Bullwinkle of similar bullets and emulated them as much as possible and nothing seemed to correct the image color quality. Finally I thought maybe there is a lens protector sticker that was causing the problem but no-go.

I am providing POE from our Cisco ASA 5505 router which I have read is rated to 15Watts.

See image, thoughts?

E34.thumb.jpg.f955cb87a19a9fddcbcc3e40bae43827.jpg

I have and enjoy our E32 and it's not that much different than the E34 other than better WDR, but clearly your camera is busted, either a bad sensor or a stuck IR cut filter. Just open a support ticket or call them and send them the image and if you can, give them access to the camera and tell them it's new and you want a replacement. Sorry it happened, but feces happens. For what it's worth, my E32 was bad out of the box, kept turning off and on, they replaced it with a new one and it's good. I think it's because it's such a new model, there's some manufacturing glitches that happen. I had issues with more expensive brands on new models also and doing what I do, I have to be the first kid on the block to have a new camera

Okay, I guess that is the kind of feedback I was hoping to get because I know there is no way it should look like that even out of the box with all defaults.

RMA Rcvd-going back hope the replacement will be what I expected.