tim36

HIKVISION DS-2CD2232-I5 EXIR BULLET - RAPTOR PLATFORM

After melinda from aliexpress suggested me the DS-2CD2232-I5 EXIR bullet for outdoor, i began to search on the web about it and i found that this model

is based on the same raptor platform as the popular DS-2CD2032-I (Lorex and Swann). This cam seem to sell for around the same price of the DS-2CD2032 or maybe 20-30 $ more from DSD.

If you go at the last page of the firmware release document you will see that the DS-2CD-2232-I5 is on the supported product list:

http://www.zombiesmustdie.com/img/cams/Firmware_5.0.0_Release_Note_%28RAPTOR%29.pdf

The IR range on this cam is rated at 80 m. The rectangle led seem to make the difference.

You can read more about EXIR on this article:

http://us.sourcesecurity.com/news/articles/co-3425-ga-npr.10234.html

You can find the spec sheet of the cam on this link:

http://www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/image/2013052414001577181.pdf

What you guy think about this camera ?

I thought you said it was not PoE? Is that not the case? 80m LED's would be nice.

Was DSD that much more when you factor in shipping? From what I saw they were dramatically less.

IR on the hikvision webpage is listed as 50m. vendors allways state that its more. from my understanding there is 2 mesurments. one with zero light and one with low lighting. I think the vendor gives you the 2nd one.

also...power hungry? 9W with IR on. not that its that much more. but just make sure the POE can suport that. some max out at 7.5 per port.

ok...forget half of what i said...lol. looks like your spec sheet is diffent then whats on the hik webpage. i know they both came from hik but wtf. i dont know why they release specs that are inaccurate. so now you have to guess which is truth.

here is the one on there web page:

http://www.hikvision.com/en/Products_show.asp?id=7741&showid=1

looks like a good cam. wonder how the new ir would do with reading plates.

I thought you said it was not PoE? Is that not the case? 80m LED's would be nice.

Was DSD that much more when you factor in shipping? From what I saw they were dramatically less.

Buellwinkle,

For the shipping:

I didnt get price for shipping yet from DSD as they need to total weight and dimension to give me a quote.

For a sample, she quote me the DS-2CD2232-I5 @ 200 $ US and the DS-2CD2032-I @ 175 $ US, both cam are 3 MP.

For the POE:

Hikvision specs seem to be comptabile with PoE (802.3af) - Max: 7 W (9W with ICR on).

If you check on aliexpress its seem that is the DS-2CD3232D-I5 that doesnt support POE.

The DS-2CD3232D-I5 look the same, and i was only about to find a spec sheet in chinese.

For the HIKVISION NVR:

Here is what DSD tell me about Hikvision NVR:

"About Hikvision NVR, is Dahua brand NVR ok for you? Since there's still some remote problems with Hikvision NVR, it'll shift to Chinese version when remost IE visit, our technical colleague is testing it now. Pls don't worry, I'll let you know once got a result."

I dont know what she mean by will shift to Chinese version. Do they sell NVR with USA/english firmware ?

Do you know if Dahua NVR are compatible with HIKVISION camera.

Sounds like the high power IR is a main difference here. While longer range is always good, there are a couple of potential downsides to high power on-camera IR.

- If it's not smart IR, you're more likely to get washed-out images of things up close, at least until the exposure changes to compensate. Some of these cams are not very good at exposing for a small, bright area (like a face 5' away). If you're mostly looking at stuff further away, it's not as likely to be a problem. The only way to tell for sure is to test it out.

- If the focus depth of field allows it to focus up close, you'll see an increase in dust, small insects, and other small stuff lit up close to the lens. The Dahua bullets are more prone to this than the smaller Hiks from what I've seen. When I walk past my Dahua 2100 at night, it's like a snowstorm for a minute or two.

- More power means more heat, though that's not usually a big issue at night unless you're somewhere like Arizona.

- More IR isn't generally good for reading license plates, as they're very reflective, and will wash out even with normal IR. You can see that in this post of BW's pics:

viewtopic.php?p=222014#p222014

Sounds like the high power IR is a main difference here. While longer range is always good, there are a couple of potential downsides to high power on-camera IR.

- If it's not smart IR, you're more likely to get washed-out images of things up close, at least until the exposure changes to compensate. Some of these cams are not very good at exposing for a small, bright area (like a face 5' away). If you're mostly looking at stuff further away, it's not as likely to be a problem. The only way to tell for sure is to test it out.

- If the focus depth of field allows it to focus up close, you'll see an increase in dust, small insects, and other small stuff lit up close to the lens. The Dahua bullets are more prone to this than the smaller Hiks from what I've seen. When I walk past my Dahua 2100 at night, it's like a snowstorm for a minute or two.

- More power means more heat, though that's not usually a big issue at night unless you're somewhere like Arizona.

- More IR isn't generally good for reading license plates, as they're very reflective, and will wash out even with normal IR. You can see that in this post of BW's pics:

viewtopic.php?p=222014#p222014

Here is a youtube clip from EXIR 1.3 mp cam

As you said, we see some small stuff close to the lens... their is always trade off but we clearly see the 50m sign.

Yes, it's a good trade-off if there's no issue with washout.

Looks like they're using LEDs with lenses, instead of the traditional array of multiple bare LEDs that use the LED package dispersion pattern for controlling the light spread.

That's probably the future of IR design, since it's more efficient, in that most of the IR can be kept in a patter that matches the sensor. The only problem is that changing the camera lens would require a different IR lens that matches the new field of view. I'd assume that you'd get that if you order it with a different lens, but they don't specify.

There's some detail on their new IR system in this marketing presentation from their European site, and an example of their smart IR as well:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=exir+hikvision&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCoQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hikvisioneurope.com%2Fportal%2Findex.php%3Fdir%3DTEMP%2FItaly%2F%26file%3DHikvision%2520IP%2520Camera%25202013.pptx&ei=q-qwUfSHK6uGigL-mIHoDQ&usg=AFQjCNGPy_dEkLMPzS-uKcFvDBx0Q-XmAw

Don't forget that that website aliexpress is site that redirects to many stores, many companies, not just one.

Here is another store on that same website, cheaper.

ZhiWen IP Surveillance store

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-Original-Gun-Hikvision-waterproof-IR-IP-Camera-DS-2CD2032-I-IR-20m/939322172.html

Saw this store, the prices are great but not many review and feedback from customers, I dont know if aliexpress is safe. Shipping is free also, maybe too good to be true ?

Looks like new seller, reviews are average 4-5stars. Anyone know how accurate are those?

Seller: ZhiWen IP Surveillance store

Positive Feedback (Past 6 months): 100.0%

Feedback Score: 11

AliExpress Seller Since: 16 Mar 2013

I bought a Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I from them which arrived earlier in the week. He answered all my questions promptly.

He took a while to ship the camera, but once it was sent it arrived in about 8 days to New Zealand.

I'm thinking about ordering some more from him.

I bought a Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I from them which arrived earlier in the week. He answered all my questions promptly.

He took a while to ship the camera, but once it was sent it arrived in about 8 days to New Zealand.

I'm thinking about ordering some more from him.

Did you specify a different lens size?

I was concerned about that plus, getting the camera that supports POE as there are two versions, one does, one does not.