Sign in to follow this  
tim36

NVR - HIKVISON VS LOREX VS SWANN - Specs and prices

I got a reply from ALIEXPRESS about the HIKVISION NVR, here are the prices:

No HDD in thoses prices

255 $ US - DS-7608-NI-SE/P recording bandwidth = 40 Mbps - Outgoing bandwidth = ?? Mbps - Max Synchro playback = 4 ch. 1080p - 2 SATA ====> LOREX NVR

533 $ US - DS-7608-NI-SP recording bandwidth = 20 Mbps - Outgoing bandwidth = 80 Mbps - Max Synchro playback = 4 ch. - 2 SATA

639 $ US - DS-7616-NI-SP recording bandwidth = 40 Mbps - Outgoing bandwidth = 120 Mbps - Max Synchro playback = 8 ch. - 2 SATA =====> SWANN NVR

738 $ US - DS-7716-NI-SP recording bandwidth = 40 Mbps - Outgoing bandwidth = 120 Mbps - Max SYnchro playback = 16 ch. - 4 SATA + ESATA, 1,5 U 19"

983 $ US - DS-7732-NI-SP recording bandwidth = 80 Mpbs - Outgoing bandwidth = 160 Mpbs - Max Synchro playback = 16 ch. - 4 SATA + ESATA, 1,5 U 19"

Im not sure about the the exact model for the swann NVR but it must be the DS-7616-NI-SP as the DS-7608-NI-SP only have 20 Mpbs bandwidth and cant support 8 ch 1080p recording. Swann NVR could also be a modified version of the DS-7608-NI-SE/P. Maybe that why Swann and Lorex blocked cam firmware to 1080p as these NVR cant record 8 3mp camera at full 30fps. Less customer support this way assisting them to reduce frame rate, etc... They sell a plug and play product.

SP is for POE port, you can buy ST version with no poe port for maybe 100 $ less on the > 500 $ models.

I found thoses specs on the HIKVISION europe web site.

The swann NRV seem to be higher end than the lorex and the first offer of swann at costco was hard to beat.

I called HIKVISION USA, and they told me that they only carry in US:

DS-7608NI-SE/P and the DS-96XX-NI-ST. All other product will be special orders.

The guy on the phone confirmed me that the DS-7608NI-SE/P is 40 Mbps and support 8 cam at 1080p at full bitrate.

Depends on their definition of full bit rate, I suppose.

If you want to use multiples of 1024, this would require 4096 kbps for 8 cams to be under their spec. Bumping up to the next step of 5120 kbps, that would take you to 41 Mbps

I run my 1080p cams at 8192, and 8 of those would be 65 Mbps. The Hik 1080p bullets will let you set a bit rate all the way to 16,384 max(!), which would be 131 Mbps for 8 of them.

I'm not saying you need those bit rates, but the 16 kbps is full bit rate on the Hik 1080p bullets.

It may be he meant the NVR won't let you set the cameras for higher than 4096 kbps, so that would be full bit rate of the NVR, not the cameras.