Sign in to follow this  
evnldr

Lorex IP Cam Firmware Pics MCNB2151 5.0 Beta Raptor

Today I updated my Costco Lorex Cam to 5.0.0 130412

What I did.

1) Downloaded the firmware.

2) Logged in to IP cam directly. (Uses SADP tool)(I’m using the Lorex NVR)

3) Went to system menu and then to maintenance uploaded the firmware and let it reboot.

4) Unplugged the cam for 30 second used the SADP tool and reset IP address and logged in to cam.

5) It auto prompted to update plug-in first time it gave me an error. Closed out camera window once it started the installation process and it installed just fine.

That’s it.

Hope this helps somebody. Took all of 10 min total.

There is some cool features (Sorry I will post other settings later as I cant instal plug in on work PC

Main.PNG.0a32ab5c56213b9c43749d12176238da.PNG

FirmW.PNG.65283a6dc420124aedd3bfb7f4d4bacd.PNG

Sett.PNG.d6438896d8be48bc941802f00bd6d0e1.PNG

Edited by Guest

Great. Is this US version of the firmware? Is it a beta version then?

Have any problems using the Lorex Nvr with it?

Did you stick to the 1080p resolution?

I'm curious about the Smart IR option.

It's the us version.

Nope works fine with the NVR (So far)

No I can't record in 3MP with NVR (That I seen so far)

Smart IR

Don't know I ran home on my break and did the update.

Now I found out the cat6 I have is damn CCA. so I will rip it out and run solid core Cat5e till I can get some REAL cat6. Somthing about CCA and PoE dont sit well with me. I will save the CCA for regular networking. I dont know if this was the reason the cam was dropping or not but It has to go.

Flashed another....Yep. Can't get it to show up on SADP ??? Flashed.. it rebooted and poof. help reset for 30 seconds unplugged it for 30 and hooked it back up nothing. Bricked.

Left it alone and its ok.... I did a reset so the pass changed from 000000 to 12345

Someone mentioned that their new cameras came with 5.0.0 installed. The European site didn't have this version available last time I checked.

Someone mentioned that their new cameras came with 5.0.0 installed. The European site didn't have this version available last time I checked.

Lorex cameras did?

Flashed another....Yep. Can't get it to show up on SADP ??? Flashed.. it rebooted and poof. help reset for 30 seconds unplugged it for 30 and hooked it back up nothing. Bricked.

Left it alone and its ok.... I did a reset so the pass changed from 000000 to 12345

So, you didn't brick after all?

It took a bit to come back up. So I removed it and sat it on my desk. The cat5 cable I grabed was bad. so after an hour and a new cable it came back fine (other than the pass was 12345 not 000000)

I now have 3 that I have running 5.0.0 atm one left to do.

I put back a camera to v4.0.9 130106 tonight.

I had issues with the NVR and motion detection, caused by the WebComponent ActiveX downloaded from the v5.0 firmware on the camera.

I uninstalled the WebComponent then it re-installed it from the NVR.

The issue I had was with the motion grid drawing on the NVR, it didn't stick or save.

I assume this is caused by a mismatch of firmwares, I think I needed to the update the firmware on the NVR to support the v5.0 on the cameras?

Are you still running the Hikvision firmware on the NVR?

If so, working ok, no issues? Happy with it?

Drawing motion grids on the NVR Camera config screens work, and save?

Yeah, that looks like it might be the case.

The 4.0.9 release notes included a reference to Smart IR, but there was nothing on the camera's menus for it in that version. On 5.0.0, the setup menus included Smart IR, and the release notes said "Support SMART IR (only for IR featured models)".

Likewise, their 2013 marketing presentation gives examples of Smart IR on the DS-2CD2012-I 1.3MP mini bullet.

However, the only cameras that actually show smart IR in their specs are some of their analog cams, so it could be it's really not ready on the IP cams yet.