Sign in to follow this  
tim36

black screen Iphone - Swann App - iVMS-4500 - Lorex netHD

I'm trying to see my cams on my IPHONE, and it seem to connect but i only got a black screen for all my cam.

My ports 80, 8000, and 1025 are forwarded to the swann NVR. ( I changed the default http port 85 on swann to 80)

Also, in the nvr UPnP is enabled on 8000, 80 and 554 from my wan ip. If i disable it, i'm not able to connect o the device.

I called swann tech support and they told me that its my mobile phone carrier that have a prob. She told me that she is able to see my cam if she connect with her iphone (i didnt ask her if she used the carrier network or the local wifi network). Thats very strange, because 2 week ago when i got the lorex NVR i was able to connect remotly with my iphone and all was working well.

If i connect my iphone to my local network using wifi it's seem to work. I will have to test with using wifi from public internet.

I tried to install the iVMS04500 app from hikvision and also the Lorex netHD, they connect to the device ( i see that i have two cam) but it also show black screen when i try to view the cam.

Any have a idea what is wrong ?

If you disable UPNP on your NVR, then you need to manually forward your ports on your router.

As an example, I would open up port 560 on my router and forward it to port 80 on my NVR's address of 192.168.1.150

I would use the DDNS service from Swann which I register with the name MYSYSTEM.Swannddns.net

So when I connect to http://mysystem.swannddns.net:560 from a PC, this would connect to my system from the internet.

Have you tried something like this from a PC first?

When you are on your pc at home, use this site. http://www.canyouseeme.org/ and enter the port numbers to verify they are open.

Make sure you have a PASSWORD on your nvr.

Hey tim36,

It's not that your mobile carrier has a problem. As far as we can tell from our investigations most US carriers block port 554, which is the default port for network streaming video. That just also happens to be the port our NVR uses to stream video.

The solution is to change the RTSP port on the NVR (we suggest a port >1024). If your UPnP system is working correctly that adjustment should cascade immediately to the router and you should be able to receive your video on the phone.

You should be able to receive video on wifi regardless of changing the port or not as then the phone will not be using the mobile carrier connection and will not therefore be subject to any of the carrier blocks that might be in place.

My ports 80, 8000, and 1025 are forwarded to the swann NVR. ( I changed the default http port 85 on swann to 80)

Also, in the nvr UPnP is enabled on 8000, 80 and 554 from my wan ip. If i disable it, i'm not able to connect o the device.

Current Hikvisions use 3 ports; web port, data port, RTSP port. Defaults are 80/8000/554. You need to have them all forwarded from your router to your DVR. Not sure why you first say 1025, and then you say 554.

If you want to make sure it is not a router/DVR problem, try connecting from outside from a computer using Internet Explorer (you will need web port and RTSP port) and iVMS-4200 (you will need data port and RTSP port). If this works, then the problem is not with the DVR and connection.

Now, I have seen problems with iPhones, and I have seen problems with iVMS-4500 on iPhones. There was one version that would not work when using mobile network, and it would work ok when the same iPhone was using wifi. It was solved upgrading the DVR firmware. There was a version on iVMS-4500 that would refuse to run on some versions of iOS, but would work fine on others. There was a version of iVMS-4500 for iPhone that was pulled from the App Store a day after it was up because it was not working at all, those who had installed it had to wait until a new version was up (since they could not downgrade). You can have issues, but if it is working from other Android devices and even from other iPhones, you can just wait until iVMS-4500 gets updated, you can find the latest firmware for your DVR, or you can switch mobiles.

I called swann tech support and they told me that its my mobile phone carrier that have a prob. She told me that she is able to see my cam if she connect with her iphone (i didnt ask her if she used the carrier network or the local wifi network). Thats very strange, because 2 week ago when i got the lorex NVR i was able to connect remotly with my iphone and all was working well.

If those are not the same exact DVR with the same exact firmware, I can see that happening.

Current Hikvisions use 3 ports; web port, data port, RTSP port. Defaults are 80/8000/554. You need to have them all forwarded from your router to your DVR.

On the Lorex, you do not have the admin web port forwarded. The Android app works without it.

Current Hikvisions use 3 ports; web port, data port, RTSP port. Defaults are 80/8000/554. You need to have them all forwarded from your router to your DVR.

On the Lorex, you do not have the admin web port forwarded. The Android app works without it.

Joey, UPnP is disabled on your nvr ? You just foward port 80, 1025 and 8000 to the nvr ?

I dont remember if lorex UPnP was disable by default, but from my router setting lorex was using 1025 as replacement of 554.

I got it working but just using UPnP.

The problem was that even if you change the 554 to 1025 in the network setting of the NVR,

UPnP doesnt update the external RTSP port (still 554), so i changed in the UPnP setting of the NVR the RTSP external port to 1025 and now it work.

As UPnP have some vulnerability, i would like to setting this up just by port forward (it was working with the lorex)

If i forward port 80, 1025 and 8000 to my NVR (192.168.1.107) in my router and i disable the UPnP in the NVR, i got

a connection failed msg and im not able to connect.

If i forward port 80, 1025 and 8000 to my NVR (192.168.1.107) in my router and i disable the UPnP in the NVR, i got

There is no reason why that should be happening; uPNP is just a way so that the port forwarding will happen "magically", but if it does work that way, forwarding the same ports by hand can be done too.

There is no reason why that should be happening; uPNP is just a way so that the port forwarding will happen "magically", but if it does work that way, forwarding the same ports by hand can be done too.

I know, it was working well with lorex, but if I disable the UPnP in the swann it dont work at all.

I know, it was working well with lorex, but if I disable the UPnP in the swann it dont work at all.

Check again your port forwarding on the router. Make sure you have all the needed ports, forwarded to the right IP, in both TCP and UDP (just in case). If UPnP can do it, you can do it manually too.

If you go into the app on your iphone and manage your devices and make a change and click save does it show any errors?

I was having a similar problem with mine last week, it worked fine at my house but when i moved it to the cottage it wouldnt work, turned out the incoming and outgoing IP's on my cellulat internet cinnection was different and i had to call them and ask for a static IP

So could be worth checking if your WAN IP of your router and if you go to whatismyip.com is the same, if not your problem likely lies there.

Are you trying the I P or the DNS? Also check to be sure the DNS is being updated correctly if your using DNS

If you go into the app on your iphone and manage your devices and make a change and click save does it show any errors?

I was having a similar problem with mine last week, it worked fine at my house but when i moved it to the cottage it wouldnt work, turned out the incoming and outgoing IP's on my cellulat internet cinnection was different and i had to call them and ask for a static IP

So could be worth checking if your WAN IP of your router and if you go to whatismyip.com is the same, if not your problem likely lies there.

Are you trying the I P or the DNS? Also check to be sure the DNS is being updated correctly if your using DNS

Im trying by ip, when i will have time i will try to double check my port forward on router.

Joey, UPnP is disabled on your nvr ? You just foward port 80, 1025 and 8000 to the nvr ?

I dont remember if lorex UPnP was disable by default, but from my router setting lorex was using 1025 as replacement of 554.

Yep, disabled upnp.

I don't forward port 80 from the NVR, as I don't want that exposed. I read that activex app has security issues too, exposing all passwords.

I have the mobile client two ports forwarded manually. In the Android app I specify the one mobile client port.

I changed the port numbers on the NVR. I can get the Android phone app to work, but NOT the Android tablet app.

I'm checking to see if the Android tablet app requires the default port numbers and no other. I will check that later.

The same issue exists on the Lorex tablet app and the Hikvision tablet app.

I can use both the Lorex phone app and the Hikvision phone app, no problem. I can't get the Swann app to work at all.