wkdwrx

GE DVR tvr 30

well I got myself a new dvr as I had bought a avtech kpd678 -ES but my mate couldn't remember the password and couldn't reboot it no one new how so I got a new ge dvr30 8ch

ive upgraded a few of my dome cameras to better quality ones and few of my bullet cameras . all 700tvl ect

so are these dvrs anygood any problems ect its only formy house I have a cheapish dvr atm but the pic quality is not the best not very clear at all so hopefully this will be better .

so its deff hdmi ? cause I look it up and it only says vga video out . but on the back of the dvr says digi out and looks like a hdmi port

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, swims like a duck, and the manual says it's a duck... Plug it in and find out.

ok I went and bought a hdmi cable I plug it in the back of the dvr where says digi out I connect it tv and says does not support . so I unplugged it try it again does not support so I guess its not a hdmi .

do I bought a vga to hdmi converter its a proper one goes by power and holy moly massive difference .

still keen to know what digi out means

Try connecting it to a proper computer monitor instead of a tv. It's possible that your TV doesn't support the resolution and/or refresh rate that the DVR is putting out. The chances against an HDMI port being used for something other than HDMI are mind boggling. It's an HDMI port with some kind of Chinglish screwup in judgement or translation. An HDMI port *IS* a "DIGItal OUTput" port for video and audio. Somebody just chose to describe it rather than use the label "HDMI" for some reason.