Sign in to follow this  
blake

Do any of you prefer white led light over ir?

Reason i ask is recently i've setup to become an Avtech dealer. I'm testing out the white light cameras instead of standard ir. Main reason i like it is i can set it to trigger with pir,motion or manually thru AVtech app.

For indoors, like AVTech and Axis cubes do it, the white LED is OK for a home or business that's no occupied at night but for home use, it would be very distracting and annoying.

But they do it to save costs, I get that but the industry has moved on and for $200-250 their cameras cost, it's no longer the bargain it once was now that Dahua and Hikvision have a wider audience and even Foscam has stepped up their game. If they want to keep up, for the same price, they need to have IR cut filters and IR LED and move up to 1080P.

Also, on their push video series outdoor cameras, they need to seriously think about PoE because by not having it, they are competing more with Foscam than the commercial brands making them seem more overpriced.

What they did for their outdoor poe cams is place the push software into the nvr such as the AVH304 and the AVH800A6 instead of the cam. So you can purchase their E.T.S. line of outdoor cams without having to purchase their push indoor cams and still utilize the P.U.S.H technology. The push indoor line i feel is more geared toward the homeowner plug and play side of things (baby monitor, kid monitor, dog watcher).

The problem I have is that it's blindingly bright and unlike the similar looking Axis M10 series with the white light, it's on all the time at night and have no idea how to turn it off. Even if I turn it off manually, it turns itself back on. With the Axis, the white light does not come on until motion is detected.

I set it on a motion/pir schedule so that it only comes on if motion/pir movement is detected between a certain time frame. It is bright as a mofo.It lights up the whole room as if it where daytime.

It's definitely a very bright LED, brighter than my Axis cube and great low light sensitivity. But I tried setting it up to only come on motion and doesn't work. It does with the newer AVTech cams, but not on the AVN80X. Maybe I'll try a firmware update to see if that helps.

Ah okay it works well on the AVN813..Maybe they will come out with an ir version.