brucelipkiss

How to identify 1/4, 1/3 Cmos 420 TVL or 600 TVL Board

Hello Friends ,

This is my first time here and really loved the info you guys share .. too good ..!!

I import cctv products from shenzhen and i got a few samples first and in that i had Sony ccd s 540 TVL ,

420 TVL and a Cmos 550 TVL , in comparing them i found the 550TVL fine for using it as i know it also consumes less power . The lighting condition of the 550TVL Sensor Cmos was good. Later when i ordered 100 nos of the same with the supplier i found that the lighting contrast was bad in them . I opened up and found the chip was diffrent than the sample one i got . Now i would love to know how is one suppose to find out which Cmos chip has the supplier sent me and what tvl is it ? I can send the pictures of the sample ones as well as the lot ones . Kindly please let me know . Thank you . Will be posting the pics from office tomorrow .

It is quite easy to know if a sensor is 1/3" or 1/4" by the size. Other than that...

There are soooo many sensors, even fake ones... so I think you pretty much have no (easy) way of knowing for sure what sensor you got. If you are importing direct from Shenzhen, you need a trustable supplier. If you don't have that, sometimes you might get a good product, other times you might get crap. And if you are shopping mostly for the price, odds are you will end up with crap. Can they build good cameras? Sure. Can they build cheap cameras? Sure. You want good, but also the cheapest? Not gonna happen.

Also; the fact that the sensor looks different from another might mean nothing. One batch from sensor might have the same specs from another one, but look different. But if the quality now is worse, well, you got sent a good sample, and now that you bought 100pc it seems you got a lower quality product.

maybe you got the fake module products, can you post their company name? now CMOS moudle with IR-CUT filter can get good image than same TVL CCD, in the meanwhile the price is cheaper than CCD. waltertopband

AC-4951-CGI

AviCom-4951-CGI = cmos+ircut

The purple board (40$)has an option to add a mic, it has a 4 wire connector V12vGA

Bad picture at night.(in total darkness)

The blue board (30$) it's a cheaper one but no audio option

and a little better picture at night.

At daylight the picture is like a CCD.

600TVL-CMOS.thumb.jpg.e188c3d9a7820fa02ea069959164eac0.jpg