iwatchlive

Want to ask if this is possible?

It is possible to cut doen on the antenna for wireless channels? I heard that you can split the signal for the receiving end of it, but each transmitter needs it's own antenna. I have a project in a high end residential condo, that is spread out like a friggen jig saw puzzle piece and very little line of sight.

I need a good solution to send two, three four or more signals with the least amount of antenna clutter. There is also a high chance of vandalism due to kids in the area, so I do not like the wired parabolic dish for 2.4 or 1.2Ghz. I wanna do patch antennas, but I never found them for 1.2Ghz though.

I also want to know how many channels wireless anyone has done off og the same point to point shot?

I need help with residential repeater towers to get video around the curves of an entrance driveway through the community as well.

I would love one antenna solution on each side with multiple inputs and outputs. Anything out there?

we talking analogue wireless or IP wireless?

IP wireless will use much less parts, whereas analogue wireless needs a TX and RX for each camera.

COP gear are really toys, scrapped them a few years ago, you would want to look at VideoComm or Trango for decent analogue wireless.

If there are alot of points, and want to add on in the future, then you would want to go IP wireless, ends up being cheaper and less parts used. You can use network switches and single subscriber units to cover a few wireless points, access points can handle for example 7 subscriber units each. It all depends on which Wireless IP gear you use.

Rory

Sounds like you just need a point to multipoint repeater setup? Am I missing something here? Just set a wireless access point up to capture all CPE signal, then run that AP to a router. Then run the router to another radio/antenna to send to the other side...

There are some devices that support dual radio technology, but even then all you save is the radio. Bottom line, you are going to need at least 2 antennas to bridge your connection.

Mostly for 1.2Ghz. The antennas get mighty ugly when bunched up on a pole or together. I heard of some people splittling the receive side, but heard it was impossible to do in the TX side, due some magnetic polarization that occurs once the antenna get's radiated.

I heard from my satellite and wireless expert (who works for the local television stations setting up the helicopter's 5 Ghz news feeds), that it cannot be done on the TX side, but the RX side could get a splitter, but the dB loss could be quite significant.

He's good but I wanted to ask anyone on here has found anything in ou line of work.

Thanks for your replies!

ADAM!