Sign in to follow this  
IseeU2

RESETTING user accounts (Dahua)

I have installed many of the Dahua 16ch DVR’s. Recently I found a way around the 1hr timeout of the menu password by giving all privileges to the user group. This worked so well I did it for many of my customers. Now a few customers want to revert back to using a password and I can’t modify the user group while I am using it. I can’t change to another account like admin since it defaults to user. I have talked to the dealer that I buy all my units from and they have a way to reset the user accounts but will not share it with me. Any ideas???

You can do this trough a crossover cable and update/refresh the firmware. Be entirely sure to make a note of the IP address of the DVR

I usually assign my own ip address 192,168.1.200.

Nobody is openly goin to discuss mthods of circumventing passwords or it would make passwords pointless.

Look at the mobile phone industry, fo a few dollars get you telephone unlocked??????

Id there NOTHING that money can't buy??????

Wishing you luck with this irritating issue

Thanks Numb-Nuts,

updating and refreshing the firmware does not touch the "accounts". The security issue is a point well taken.

A user on this forum, I won't name since it was obvious he wanted to stay anonymous, contacted me privately and pointed me in the right direction to SOLVE my problem. I was able to enter the root directory and edit the password files then reboot my system and make corrections through the control panel. Learning Linux and the procedure took the better part of an hour, now that I know how it is a 2 minute fix. This method did not affect any of my other settings. THANKS AGAIN....... you know who you are.