Sign in to follow this  
toolman67

dont wanna view hours of recording & playback ... ..

HELLO to All

As a CCTV installer recently had a query frm a client and was hoping some one here could answer the same , as my tag line says always willing to learn something new...

as has been my past experience whenever I have been asked to review recorded footage to view any incident or activity, I have to troll through hours and hours of footage muliplied by the nos of cameras to find these incidents and D/L for incident reports and such like .... now my question is.. .!

is there any Software or DVR that would record only the incident or activity or send an alert /sms/beeper buzzer so that I cld directly target the said activity recorded and d/l the same without having to scans hours of recording ???

I am aware of setting motion detection to partly achieve this, but am not happy with the sensitivity as it is prone to false alerts ........ been there done that .......

I was thinking something like a graph pattern indicator which would spike on detecting an incident or activity , so that I would only have to chk that day/date time of said activity .... I would appreciate any disscussion /feedback/ ideas /apps - if any exist ....

if any such software/app/dvr exists , it would really hellp ... look forward from hearing from you guys ..

best regds

toolman67

De-tech security systems

Goa

I always advise my clients to be aware of the time and to narrow the event down in time as much possible.

The first thing is to write down the date and earliest time and latest time. The DVR should be able to detect

motion and be triggered entirely by that. It's not perfect and there will be a lot of false triggering s by plants,

animals, light changes shadows etc. With intelligent use you should manage to get the event down to a few files.

Also it helps to only search cameras that are relevant. These are all things that the software should allow you to

do which you will have considered when advising your client on their choice of DVR. During playback get used to

where the progress bar is when the pre record time ends and skip to it with the mouse. Nothing? Give it a few

more seconds then more seconds then move to the next file.

So far as I am aware there is no external software that will do what you want.

Why do they want you to do it aren't you showing them how to search? If they insist, charge them your half day rate

that'll soon stop them calling you to waste your time.

thanks for the advise

yes Motion detection is enabled and as you say there are lots of false alerts, so I have to search the files that pertain to motion alarms, we keep it mostly on real time recording so they turn out large files ....

i like yure Idea of charging the client but , since I mostly do it from home /control room via the net I really cannot charge for hours spent, ideally am now looking at intrusion detection devices that would trigger an alarm that would trigger a recording of that area .... keep u posted

regds Toolman67

If there are way too many false positives, then you should look at configuring the MD zones and MD sensitivity to narrow them down. Remove the areas that trigger the false positives from the MD zones. If there are still way too many false positives to make it possible to find a given event, then maybe you should think about installing PIR sensors.

Take a look at SafeMotion: http://www.safeware.ca/support.php

It can help you detect movements on downloaded videos, you can choose what zones of the video you want to detect. But, for that you need to have the videos locally, so if you are doing it from remote, you would need to download all the videos first, probably time consuming.

Some newer softwares also allow you to choose the zones where you want to detect moviment when watching recordings.