marley1

Cube Camera with Illumination

So I'm back at this. I was all set on using all Acti and the free NVR software. My wife has given me more indoor spots she wants cameras. After picking out the domes from Acti and looking at size and comparing them to Dahua cam that I have I'm nervous about the look.

So looking at a Cube camera I think it will be more aesthetically pleasing to have these then the dome.

I see only few camera that have illumniation led. I see a model from 3s and Axis. They also have PIR which looks cool.

Any other brands have this?

How is the 3s one? Where can you get them?

Any other small camera for indoors?

Which one from Acti? I don't see any with the illumination.

Bright is okay if it comes on with motion only.

I really don't want a huge dome on the wall or ceiling.

I so far see 3s has one that's $225, dlink has one, Victotek has one but only 1mp and seems large, axis has one but $350

Sorry, not ACTi, I thought their new models did but they don't.

If the bright LED does not bother you, the best one I have is the AVTech push video series. I have the AVN812 and AVN80X, 1.3MP, super bright LED, lights up my living room pretty well, low noise image at night. Comes with their Eagleeyes smartphone apps for most smartphones where you can view in-camera recordings and live view. Can alert you within seconds of a motion event. That model does not have SD recording, but they have models that do. Has a PIR detector, never had a false alarm in 2 years. Downside is that it's harder to find.

I also have the Axis m1031-w, noisy image at night, poor LED, maybe half or less as bright as the AVTech and VGA resolution but new models have 1MP resolution and better low light sensitivity. Sends me an email with snapshots if there's motion detected. Has a PIR detector, had a false alarm once in 2 years. Downside is that it's expensive.

DLink is not a brand I would buy anything from as everything I've ever bought from them failed within a year. Unless something has changed recently, they don't manufacture network cameras, they buy OEM cameras and rebrand them as theirs, so hit or miss depending on who made the camera.

Need POE which I don't think Avtech has. Trying for cleanest install and I don't want that adapter.

Have you seen the 3s one?

Any others?

Since I will be mixing brands ill end up using blue iris which I think can email notices.

Link to the Poe adapter?

Usually these require a box on either end which makes it very messy of an install.

Have you used any 3s products?

I also see some of the other network brands have some like Zyxel or Trendnet

Vivotek makes a few:

http://www.vivotek.com/web/product/ProductDetail.aspx?Model=IP8133

White light illumination and POE

http://www.vivotek.com/web/product/ProductDetail.aspx?Model=IP8131

IR illumination, no POE

I haven't bought any Vivoteks for a while, but I've got four of their 1MP models (IP8332 and FD8134), and they've been reliable and have decent performance.

I saw those as well. I have installed some Vivotek in the past with no issues.

I just didn't know of its performance. I was concerned with the 1mp as well.

I see AV Tech has one PoE model.

I wish Acti have one

So back to square one. Unfortunately I see no YouTube videos or Reviews on any of these cameras.

I have found the following:

1) 3S N8072 - http://www.3svision.com.tw/prod_info.php?pid=32

2) Axis M1054 - http://www.axis.com/products/cam_m1054/

3) Dahua IPC-K100A - http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/ipc-k100-k100a--k100w-225.html

4) Brickcom CB-300Ap - http://www.brickcom.com/products/DetailView.php?series=Cube%20Camera&modelname=CB-300Ap

5) Brickcom MB-300AP - http://www.brickcom.com/products/DetailView.php?series=Mini%20Box%20Camera&modelname=MB-300Ap

6) Geovision GV-CA220 - http://www.geovision.com.tw/english/Prod_GVIPCAMCA220.asp

So the Axis and Brickcom are the most costly. I am okay with spending that money on these to have a clean install. The MB-300AP has IR which is interesting.

Dahua I know will be cheap, but I am at a standstill.

I looked at AVNTECH but not having POE is really an issue. Normally that involves using a POE adapter that has a large box that needs to be behind the camera. I don't know anyway to have a clean installation.

This is for the house. I will mount one in living room, one in the mud room, and one upstairs to catch the stairs. At night we do not have night lights on, only light may be through the windows/moon. Outside I will be adding camera's as well. So in the end I will need to find some NVR software (Blue Iris or something else).

I really need some guidance.

The Brickcom looks like the best out of the bunch, 3MP, IR, cut filter, PoE. For a nice 3MP dome you would pay the same or more, no? I think your impressions are based on the form factor determining price but in a different form, the price would be justified.

White light LED's do have huge drawbacks besides being annoying. For one, because they are not on all the time like IR leds, your pre-event frames will be totally black and you may lose frames due to the delay as the PIR motion detector determines motion and triggers the camera. Those split seconds make a difference as the subject passes by the camera.

Also, don't know if you have software picked out but Brickcom provides decent NVR software for free, definitely worth trying out if you go this router.

If you are buying a few, I may be able to use my contacts to get a better price but don't expect miracles, I doubt they won't be under $300.

@buellwinkle,

Have you reviewed the Dahua K100A or K100W? I am eager to see how it performs, I have one unit K100W for testing, but I still have not had the time to even turn it on.

I had the same thought. See what your distributor will get for and let me know. I am registered with ADI Global.

I was hoping to find unit on Amazon to order just so I can test.

I am not 100% on NVR software. Thinking of Blue Iris.

The Brickcom looks like the best out of the bunch, 3MP, IR, cut filter, PoE. For a nice 3MP dome you would pay the same or more, no? I think your impressions are based on the form factor determining price but in a different form, the price would be justified.

White light LED's do have huge drawbacks besides being annoying. For one, because they are not on all the time like IR leds, your pre-event frames will be totally black and you may lose frames due to the delay as the PIR motion detector determines motion and triggers the camera. Those split seconds make a difference as the subject passes by the camera.

Also, don't know if you have software picked out but Brickcom provides decent NVR software for free, definitely worth trying out if you go this router.

If you are buying a few, I may be able to use my contacts to get a better price but don't expect miracles, I doubt they won't be under $300.

I have the Geovision CAW220 and the image quality is stellar, really impressed with this little camera. I think you should give it a try. The one drawback is the not so easy setup, you may have a call or two into support before you have it working to your liking.

EOS Digital Services

Houston, TX

Can you post some pictures ?

Ive lent the camera out to a customer but will post pics as soon as I get it back next week.

EOS Digital Services

Houston, TX