grege

RJ45 Male Connector Suggestions

What brand of RJ45 male connectors are you buying for CAT6 cable?

I've got my cameras on order and my POE switch should arrive tomorrow. I have CAT6 cable that I am going to run for my cameras and figured it would be best to terminate those wires with plugs so I can plug right into the camera. I've found Platinum Tools has some where the conductors feed right thru to make it easy to terminate but wondered what others find to work well.

I like those platinum rj45's but then you need their crimping tool, makes sense if you do this for a living but a cheap crimper from eBay and cheap RJ45 from Monoprice has worked well for me. Get a cable tester to make sure it's done right. You can get a tester and crimper combo for pretty cheap, I think I paid $10. Monoprice has it for about that price.

I bought some one piece crimps on ebay...

Worked fine for me to.

I like standard things, specialty equipment which have secret formats usually costs more to fix when something goes wrong...

There is a reason large departments don't have many different models of different equipment.

Standards makes easier to be knowledgeable, easier to fix, easier to support.

Iam aware of camera counts in installs going to 100+. 3-4 models of cameras only, less complexity makes simple and reliable installs.

Out of probably 100 crimps I had maybe less then five fail, those were quick to redo.

I like those platinum rj45's but then you need their crimping tool, makes sense if you do this for a living but a cheap crimper from eBay and cheap RJ45 from Monoprice has worked well for me. Get a cable tester to make sure it's done right. You can get a tester and crimper combo for pretty cheap, I think I paid $10. Monoprice has it for about that price.

I just got a batch of the feed-through Platinum Tools connectors and use them with my standard crimper because nobody told me I couldn't. It just takes a knife to cut the protruding wires or perhaps pay close attention to how much insulation to strip off at the start. Easier to tell if you swapped the green stripe and blue stripe wires in low light but I find it harder to feed the wires in the first time because of the longer exposed wires.

I sell the Platinum Tools connectors but they wouldn't send me a pack as samples so I just bought the Monoprice ones, a crimper, and a tester. I wanted them for this weekend since I am going to the lake house so didn't want to wait on a boat from China. Hopefully the cameras show up in time. If not I will just run some wire until the next trip.

Good ques., i thought about this to, not sure.

What a deal though / and what a business selling things below cost....

To bad no IP cams for $0.99 free ship

anyone here want to follow this business model? sell cheap

or even charity cameras for cctvforum member

charity

$0.99 tester auction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221254618334

$0.09 crimper auction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360698302614

If you shop around you can sometimes get great deals on ebay...

Can't imagine you'll find a cheaper deal than that. How do they make money shipping that all the way from China especially after PayPal and eBay take their fees?