Sign in to follow this  
pipabix

what's the Max price I should pay for dahua HFW2100 1.3mp

on aliexpress for say 1 camera, I don't want too cheap, but yet don't want to pay over the top

I notice here almost everyone has bought something on this site, but never mention their experience ? ? its not as if your promoting it if you just bought something on it. .

would it not be better if people shared experience so that hopefully nobody will get stung

Got stung on one came buying from china....

Be very careful... You can have a flaw like soft image on one camera or corrupted firmware and then money already in pocket... little support...

on aliexpress for say 1 camera, I don't want too cheap, but yet don't want to pay over the top

I notice here almost everyone has bought something on this site, but never mention their experience ? ? its not as if your promoting it if you just bought something on it. .

would it not be better if people shared experience so that hopefully nobody will get stung

geese, you see I can see how u can get caught, , , so many suppliers on there, , , but I do believe there is a circle of good suppliers, which seems to be a secret or something on this forum.

On some forum information which useful is hidden like secrets....

geese, you see I can see how u can get caught, , , so many suppliers on there, , , but I do believe there is a circle of good suppliers, which seems to be a secret or something on this forum.

The problem is buying from an authorized U.S. oem (no Dahua distributors in the U.S. yet). So that increases the prices dramatically vs. buying Dahua from China where it's almost seized to exist as Dahua actively stops resellers from selling out of their region. The best buy is still Costco.com, $299 for 2. Wrightwoodsurveillance.com has it for more, but you can buy one at a time and has a U.S. warranty. The problem in the past for buying from China is getting support. Imagine getting your camera and something is wrong with it, you may pay more for shipping it back than it's worth.

Why do you want that Dahua bullet, do you already have a Dahua NVR? If you are not married to Dahua, the very similar looking Hikvision at 3MP for $169 from a U.S. distributor is the best deal out there. Sharper, better image quality, better firmware, less quirky than Dahua by far.

Thanks Buellwinkle;

Im very happy there are people like you who give time to answer question and are straightforward and seem honest.

I thank you for your efforts.

Can you pls post a link?

Thanks.

The problem is buying from an authorized U.S. oem (no Dahua distributors in the U.S. yet). So that increases the prices dramatically vs. buying Dahua from China where it's almost seized to exist as Dahua actively stops resellers from selling out of their region. The best buy is still Costco.com, $299 for 2. Wrightwoodsurveillance.com has it for more, but you can buy one at a time and has a U.S. warranty. The problem in the past for buying from China is getting support. Imagine getting your camera and something is wrong with it, you may pay more for shipping it back than it's worth.

Why do you want that Dahua bullet, do you already have a Dahua NVR? If you are not married to Dahua, the very similar looking Hikvision at 3MP for $169 from a U.S. distributor is the best deal out there. Sharper, better image quality, better firmware, less quirky than Dahua by far.

For Dahua or 3MP Hikivsion wrightwoodsurveillance.com has both and Costco.com has the Q-See (Dahua) and Swann (2MP Hikvision) 2-packs

not tied, nothing bought yet.

I need a 3.6mm lens

I was aiming to go with the dahua as its the most talked about.

has to be IP, not HD,

I'll look at Costco again and report back

I went with ACTi and a local dealer for them that is a customer of ours ordered mine in. I decided I would rather go with a guy I know and pay a little more.

Where are you located?