Wizz

Which dome cameras for my DVR/application?? (updated)

I have 4 spare channels on a newer Swann (yes, I know) 1TB 8 channel receiver seen here: http://www.swann.com/s/products/view/?product=1530 and I am looking to run a dome on the 5th channel. Location will be under a large awning that covers the front door patio area. The patio faces SSW if it matters. The camera will face away from the front door aiming mostly at a walk-way that leads to the front door. Budget is ~$350, if I can get good quality for cheaper then great...maybe I can buy two, if I have to pay a bit more to get guaranteed quality then that is fine too. I have no problems buying a separate IR floodlight and that's what I planned to do, the awning has lots of lighting as is. Weather resistance is a must (Florida).

Many thanks

Edited by Guest

$350 is a lot now for an analog camera...

Consider readjusting your budget... 100 dollars or less per analog camera is more reasonable... i think....

Yours is a simple system... Analog... You cant make a piece of silver into a gold bar...

If you want much better image quality then analog you need an IP system.

For consumers like yourself I recommend you go to your costco and get a system from them thats IP...

This way if you have buyers remorse or are not happy for whatever reason you can return. I dont really think you should buy online unless you really know what you want.

Heres a nice system:

http://www.costco.com/Q-See-4-Channel-HD-Digital-NVR-with-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-4-HD-720p-IP-Cameras.product.100003211.html

Good Luck. Please dont be offended. I'm trying to save you from any disappointment from buying something online which you many not like....

Not offended at all. I only got the 'cheap' D1 system I linked to already because I was able to buy the entire kit for $149 thanks to a friend (retails for ~$549). I am now considering getting a low cost ISP system instead if it will yield better picture than the Swann D1.

*And please pardon my ignorance, I've researched but the world of security cameras seems vast these days so I'm sort of muddling through it.