RabidDawg

CCTV Setup and suggestions

I have a customer that is looking to be able to view his cameras on the internet, he now has 4, but is looking to expand to 5 or 6 cameras later. The person who setup his cameras has all of the coax running to an upstairs closet, into a multiplexer that puts all 4 cables into one coax and then he can view his cameras on the tv anywhere in the house on channels 21 - 24. Also, in the future he is going to get a wireless pad, something like this: http://www.amx.com/new.product.page.cedia.05.asp?product=modero10in (not sure if you can view the details unless you setup an account. But the overview of the pad, is that is a touchscreen, and will hook up to his security system to control his heating and cooling, security and be able to view his cameras on it too. Mjpeg will be the only way to view the cameras with this device.

My questions are, is the Geovision card the best bet for this? Also, is there a demultiplexer that can split the 4 combined signals into 4 different channels so that I can setup his pc to be the video server with this card? That way I won't have to move his pc to the upstairs closet to connect to the 4 CCTV coax feeds.

Also as a side note, the person that put his cameras in is recommending this box http://www.vivotek.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=48&Itemid=95 to connect to his cameras. A DVR would have to purchased separately to be able to record the video.

Thanks for your help.

AMX should have its own system for distribution to TV channels or AV input.

Its just composite output so you can simply tie it into one of the AMX's AV ports.

If you are going to get the Geo, get one with the DSP output, thats analogue multiplexed, so you just use RCA to RCA on the AMX. Highest quality, better than modulated to the TV channels. Also, you can get the IR Remote control and probably expand it to reach into the TV rooms .. not sure what you would use to expand it, maybe someone else here has done that.