stroonzo

Dahua IR Wavelength - 880 or 940?

Are the Dahua IPCs all using the same wavelength IR? I have a couple of IPC-HFW3200s that I am thinking about adding some additional IR to. I think they're 940, but I want to make certain.

Very, very rare that any camera has anything other than 850nm mostly because when you get to the 940nm wavelength, you lose about half the effective working distance. Some nature cameras or hunting equipment uses the covert 940nm wavelength. You can buy IR Illuminators with this and the price is the same, but for the same illuminator, the specs will likely show you it covers about half the distance.

If you are asking will it work if you use a 940nm illuminator, then yes, there's no IR filter at that time and the sensors are sensitive to it.

The other important thing is checking the responsiveness of the imager at 940nm. Imagers tend to be less responsive (sometimes significantly) at 940nm than 850nm but they can vary.

Even getting 940nm external IR illuminators is uncommon. I've spoke to at least one manufacturer who said shipments were 9 to 1 in favor of 850nm units.