ou812

DVR 1615n - Avtech 787 - cannot change admin password

Had to hard reset my dvr. In video server e software, whenever I change the admin password and hit apply, it will not let me login to the software again with the new password, default password or no matter what I try. The only way to fix this is to do another hard reset on the main board and default it back to admin. This was a problem when I first bought the dvr about 5 years ago. I had to send it back so scdlink can repair it. Now nobody remembers what the fix was. I remember they had me do a firmware update when it initially happened years ago and it crashed. That's when they had me send it back and they returned it fixed. I assume a firmware update would fix it but it is obviously out of warranty and I don't want to brick it. Can anyone chime in that may have a resolution? It's driving me nuts. Thanks

For the benefit of others that may have the same problem, I fixed the problem. First I disabled avg. Then I installed video server e ver 1.0.6.9 to replace ver 1.0.6.6 and I can now change the password with no problem. Just disabling avg may work but I did both so I don't know which one was the fix.