CSCOUT2001

Dahua IP camera sporatically looses video & comes back

I have the Gen4 version of the Dahua product line.

It is a 16 channel hybrid with the latest version of the software. It has 14 Dahua IP cameras and 13 of the cameras never loose connection to the camera / video.

The 14th camera is dropping video sporatically and then comes back up. It can be down for 1 minute or for 1 hour and everything in between. We swapped cameras already, we put new RJ45 ends on already and I have swapped Hewlett Packard POE ports already.

I have the settings in the encode lowered to maximize the clarity and framerates WITHOUT having any ill effects on the playback. Some of the cameras are set at 14 fps, 720p, ~1500 or so BPS osme are set at D1. IF we start bumping the frame rates up or bumping things up to 1080... it seems to over load the system and causes issues... or ghosting as someone walks by.

Other than running the cable again, any ideas out there?

Sounds like you overloaded your network, 14 megapixel cameras is a lot without good networking layout. Did you try and swap in an different camera plugged into the same cable or swap with a known working camera to isolate if the problem is the camera or the network.

It is on its own network, all cams come directly back to a hp 24 port poe switch then directly to hybrid nvr.

I have seen the affects of overloading the nvr, we could be on the edge of its capabilities. ..interesting.

The camera is brand new as was the original cam...firmware on camera????

Thanks for the input... definetly somethhing to consider. ..