Sign in to follow this  
meridian1

speco 960h problems (ghosting)

If anyone is familiar with the speco product Id love some advice. I have done my first install with the speco 960h dvr. I am using 3 intensifier focus free cams... I have installed dozens of these cams.

We installed 3 of these cams on a resident. Set them up as usual. speco dnr on. agc low.. and intensifier 32. Usually I have no issue, image is good. with this fisrt setup I have gotten extreme ghosting or glitches (image bounces back and forth) and once it gets dark enough the intensifier seems to be non existent. This is on 3 brand new cams. we have also set the auto gain to high. the intensifier works fine then but it is so grainy its useless.

typically we use the rs model dvr. the 960h has the same exact user interface. is this a cam problem? possibly the set up or might this be the dvr? Im stumped.

Tech support say in their brilliant way.. the intensifier is to high. We lower and get zero image at night.

If anyone is familiar with the speco product Id love some advice. I have done my first install with the speco 960h dvr. I am using 3 intensifier focus free cams... I have installed dozens of these cams.

We installed 3 of these cams on a resident. Set them up as usual. speco dnr on. agc low.. and intensifier 32. Usually I have no issue, image is good. with this fisrt setup I have gotten extreme ghosting or glitches (image bounces back and forth) and once it gets dark enough the intensifier seems to be non existent. This is on 3 brand new cams. we have also set the auto gain to high. the intensifier works fine then but it is so grainy its useless.

typically we use the rs model dvr. the 960h has the same exact user interface. is this a cam problem? possibly the set up or might this be the dvr? Im stumped.

Tech support say in their brilliant way.. the intensifier is to high. We lower and get zero image at night.

The main cause of ghosting is impedance mismatch in the transmission medium which also includes parallel paths (T connectors etc). The main cause of a grainy picture is too much noise. Either the gain is too high or the DNR is too low. Set the cameras parameters within their capability & you should have no problems.