Sign in to follow this  
psekyra

AVTech Live Recording Question

I have an AVC796B dvr from avtech, and I'm having an issue with the live recorded files - I can back them up using remote backup (although at a lower resolution), but when I try to play the live recorded video from the temp video folder (that which has been recorded in the full resolution), the videos always display at a fast forwarded speed. When I view the video while it's being recorded, everything looks fine; also the playback speed of the lower resolution backups is also fine. I'm wondering why playing the direct live recorded footage results in a fast forwarded speed (it seems something like 8-16x). I checked all of the recording settings, player settings etc., and there is nothing set to record at an accelerated rate. I'm not sure if this is normal, or there is some bug in my software... If anyone has any insight into this issue, it would be well appreciated! The biggest issue for me is that I'm not able to backup the recorded files in the full 704×576 frame resolution, as the software always outputs the default 352 resolution; therefore, live recorded files seem to be the only option to obtain this.

Thanks in advance, and appreciate the time : )

Edit: I updated to a more recent version of the software and now it is now fast forwarding anymore - but obviously it is choppy resolution compared to the backups - I'm still in hunt of a way to make backups of the 704×576 FRAME resolution, particularly using the mac software - it seems there is no possibility for this.