Sign in to follow this  
RottenMutt

How to get Swann HD IP 1080p Camera to Work on Lorex LNR280

How do I get Swann HD IP 1080p Camera to Work on Lorex LNR280 system. Can i do a manual reconfiguration on the Lorex DVR or would it be beter to log into the camera and change the sub-net or even better flash with Lorex firmware. I need help, I don't know how to or where to find the Lorex firmware or flashing software.

I bought the Lorex kit a while back from Costco with 4 cameras and bought two extra cameras and now i want to add two more so i bought the Swann camera two pack for 299 figuring I could get them to work. Got tired waiting for the Lorex cameras to re appear...

please help

I logged into hikvision and downloaded hikvision tools and ran the sadp tool which will find the camera on my network. i used a 12v wall wort from an old hard drive to power up the camera. I had to change the IP adress of the camera to something on the class C network ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network ) and then i could log into the camera. don't declare a port with the ip address (ie. port 8000), just the default 80 web port and change the password.

ftp://ftp.hikvisionusa.com

user name: hikfirmware

Password Hikvision123 (note the H is capitol )

Edited by Guest

The sadp can also be used to alter the IP address of the camera device, so that you don't have to change your PC's IP address.