Thanks for the info. I'm not too worried about the date since I can disabled the date on the camera and use the date on my NVR.

I was a little bit worried about not having the ability to update the firmware via a browser but after reading the documentation on how to flash using TFTP, I'm okay with it. It's just as easy.

Im having an issue with a swann camera that i updated via tftp...one of the resolution options disappeared. Trying to figure out what went wrong.

What resolution went away?

Apparently im on drugs...because I swore it said 704*576 in the drop down but they all say 704*480

HOWEVER with that being said. I have 4 of the 3MP swann cameras (825 series) and they have a different FOV than the 2.1@ 3mp. they also have a different FOV than the 2.1 @ native. And If I kick the 825 to 2.1 the FOV doesnt change!

Apparently im on drugs...because I swore it said 704*576 in the drop down but they all say 704*480

HOWEVER with that being said. I have 4 of the 3MP swann cameras (825 series) and they have a different FOV than the 2.1@ 3mp. they also have a different FOV than the 2.1 @ native. And If I kick the 825 to 2.1 the FOV doesnt change!

704*576 is available if your Video Standard under Advanced Image (Display) Settings is 50hz. No drugs needed

704*576 is available if your Video Standard under Advanced Image (Display) Settings is 50hz. No drugs needed

Im a tool!

Did he say he wants it in English, maybe he's Chinese. Besides, you can tweak it to English, not that hard.

He asked for the English version, so I assumed so.

Do you have an insight to whether if they will go back on their English/Chinese firmware incompatibilities?

Whether it was intended or not.