ghurty

How/where do people get the leads?

Hi,

How/where do people get the leads from to bid on projects such as banks/grocery stores, etc..?

Thanks

Hi,

How/where do people get the leads from to bid on projects such as banks/grocery stores, etc..?

Thanks

Don't know where you are but in Australia - the newspaper adverts (tenders) , sign up to a tender search organisation (not free) , get approved as a preferred supplier for Government (near impossible compliance requirements), make yourself know to developers/project managers/construction companies.

I've done one bank (never again), one Police Station (never again) and one railway station (never again) & I was left with the opinion that you need to quote 3 times the calculated cost to ensure you come out ahead. Things will change, costs wil increase & you have very little wriggle room because you are bound by a watertight contract thet you had very little (if any) input. Schools used to be a PIA with their specs ( conduit saddled exactly every 200m & no printing on the conduit showing type of thing) when it was all through the Education Department but now that schools have a fair bit of autonomy they are not too bad if you can get over the problems with the type of buildings they construct. Mostly my large jobs are shopping centres which came from doing one in a small country town that the developer couldn't get anyone to do. It helped that I did security, cctv, phone/data and PA/BGM.

But getting back to your main question- most of my work is word of mouth