abdalla.shebl

Long Run Coaxial Cable Beside 220V AC

I need your opinion if i am going to run Coaxial Cables up to 300 Meter beside 220VAC cables, i have to because this is the conduits for light poles underground what do you recommend using to avoid interference?

I need your opinion if i am going to run Coaxial Cables up to 300 Meter beside 220VAC cables, i have to because this is the conduits for light poles underground what do you recommend using to avoid interference?

Fibre optic cables

Ilkie

What coax cable are you using? Try to keep the two seperate by a few inches, and get the electrician to make sure that the 220 is properly grounded.

Not sure of your lightning potential, but such a deployment could be very susceptible to transient surges in high lightning potential areas, wich is why you have seen fibre recommended. ordinarily I would second that, depending on the number of cameras and spacing between them the cost of media conversion with fibre over a short run like that could add significantly to costs. This needs to be weighed up against the costs of protecting the coaxial lines against transients.

The cost of IP media converters is more favorable as compared to analog media converters, and these days you could pick up some D1 or VGA IP cameras quite inexpensively - (Since you've initially spec'd analog i am assuming you don't need higher resolution than)

The most significant factor at this distance is naturally cost.

Up to 500ft RG59 will give at least twice the quality of image at the DVR as utp (Passive) and 300m is a bit short for active utp.

So if fibre is out of the question - just try to get 30cm between the 220V and coaxial and make sure the 220 is properly grounded and definitely check your locations annual lightning strike statistics per square meter -transient protection could be quite expensive, maybe just tipping the fibre feasibility.