Sign in to follow this  
cctvnewbiie

Qsee QC818 Motion Detection Problem

I recently purchased an 8channel Qsee IP camera system that came with 4 cameras and a QC818 NVR. I put the motion detection settings at the lowest possible sensitivity but trees moving back and forth (and the shadows of the trees moving) kept triggering my motion detector even after clearing out the red areas which pick up detection as stated in supplied manual. Problem persisted so I called Qsee and they sent me another manual which stated that the "clear" areas pick up motion, not the red areas. Problem still persisted so they told me to reset cameras and NVR and to try changing my sensitivity from 1 to 6 because in some models 1 is least and others it is highest sensitivity, in which I did but it still kept on detecting. Last thing I did was change setting so that all motion squares were clear and it picked up motion and then I set it to where all motion squares were red, and it still picked up motion. So no matter if the motion squares are all cleared out or all red, motion detection at highest or lowest number, and everything in between, they still pick up motion and it shows up as motion in playback as well. Any ideas on how to fix this?

EDIT*** When I change the motion detection settings the NVR constantly says "channel 1 (or 2,3,4) failed to get configration"...yes configuration is spelled wrong on NVR lol. Maybe the failure to get configuration is the root of the problem.

hello, the ip camera has its own setting for motion detection. you will need to connect the camera to a router directly (you may need the POE adapter), then access the camera from IE browser, then adjust the motion detection here.

hello, the ip camera has its own setting for motion detection. you will need to connect the camera to a router directly (you may need the POE adapter), then access the camera from IE browser, then adjust the motion detection here.

Incorrect in this case, the NVR is detecting the motion, not the cameras.

thats what i thought too before, but after i adjusted the motion in the camera menu itself, now my nvr recording motion just fine.

thats what i thought too before, but after i adjusted the motion in the camera menu itself, now my nvr recording motion just fine.

You are right. My Q-See would not detect motion even though I followed the instructions on how to set the motion detection feature. After enabling motion detection on the actual camera and setting the region on the camera itself (via POE), my NVR was then able to detect motion when I plugged the cameras directly into the Q-See.

Basically had to setup motion detection on both the Camera and the NVR for it to work. Doing it only on the NVR didn't work. I was hoping this would be the case for snapshots as well but nope, that didn't work. Only way I can get snapshot emailed to me is by having the camera (Hikvision) directly connected to my Network (via POE) and configuring snapshots on the camera themselves. When I attach the cameras back to the NVR, the snapshot feature stops working.

Q-see nvr is made by Dahua, so if you attached non q-see or non dahua ip camera (third party camera), some features will not work, example motion recording will not work

I now know that but when I first started looking into IP cameras, I read about ONVIF and assumed "ALL" ONVIF compatible NVR's and IP cameras from different brands can work together. I later found out this wasn't the case. Interoperability apparently isn't a sure thing when it comes to ONVIF.

The QSee NVR motion detection is very buggy, this is why I returned mine and got a Lorex instead. The red grid vs no grid wasn't clear to me either.

You do not have to touch any configuration in the cameras, the NVR should send all config settings down to the cameras.

It is buggy.