Sign in to follow this  
Loadedtoad

No name DVR wants password after HDD format

Hi I'm new to the forum and new to DVRs, I've been repairing electronics for 30 odd years so don't feel lost but need a little help.I have been asked to sort out a DVR system of 4 cameras and controller bought along with the bankrupt clearout of the shop stock.

The unit has no brand name just "4 Channel Digital Video Recorder" written on the front nothing on the back except a barcode 95034010634.

Ok onto the problem on powering up the HDD was not recognised the cameras work fine the menu comes up i can access the system, select cameras ,record time, set password etc.

After some research i did a low level format on the HDD then re installed it on the DVR the DVR then recognised the HDD and formatted it for use.

I now need a password to access the system !. If i disconnect the HDD no password is needed.

The unit did not have a remote control and no facility for remote control is apparent on the unit.

The password appears to be a combination of the buttons on the front panel.

I can set the password with the HDD disconnected but it does not work when HDD is reconnected despite being reformatted.

Any help greatly appreciated