triangledave

Lorex NVR with POE ip cameras

I purchased a Lorex 8 channel POE NVR system. (mostly from recs on this forum, thanks). So far so good. I've got the system set up and, with some forum help, worked through the HDMI activation. It looks like the system software can do a lot and I'm just starting to play with the settings.

My question is how can I keep the system on live view by default unless I ask it to show something else (via mouse or remote)?

I have the NVR plugged into our TV via HDMI. I can click HDMI 4 and the cameras come up in short order. However, often I'll click to the NVR and there will be a static image from the night before. I have to click the mouse and exit that to go back to live view.

My preference would be that any time I select the NVR on my TV, it is always in live view.

Do I need to turn off motion sensing on all the cameras?

I have an IR Blaster and home automation system that will allow me via IR to automatically change TV input to HDMI 4 when the doorbell rings or driveway alert is triggered. That is the mail reason I need the system to be in live view by default. I want to be able to see the cameras, not a freeze frame from the night before.

I've had a help ticket into Lorex for over a month. Their support is so bad, it would be comical if I did not actually need it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.