Sign in to follow this  
james121515

iPolis mobile app works, web viewer & SmartViewer do not

Hi guys,

I have a SDR 3100, 4 channel Samsung CCTV system purchased at Sam's club. I am having some issues with the web viewing.

-My router is configured to DHCP.

-The Dynamic IP address of the DVR is 192.168.0.16.

-The IP of the router is 192.168.1.1

-I have the port forwarding configured on my Cisco router set to "both" for 80 to 80 and 4520 to 4524

- QuickConnect when selecting "use" under DDNS always comes up "Please restart the router". Despite restarting it, it continues to say "Please restart the router".

Logging into iPolis, it shows status as "ON", which usually means its working. When I click view, I get the login box to login into the DVR, which means the network is at least connecting to the DVR. However, I cannot get the web viewer to load the cameras. I keep getting "No response". The same applies when I try to connect via SmartViewer. The interesting thing, the mobile iPolis app for iOS works perfectly! I am able to view all 4 cameras, with no interruption. The mobile app is configured using the iPolis setting with RTSP port 4524. This is interesting because never before has the mobile app worked but the other viewing methods fail. Usually the web based viewing failing always implies everything else will fail.

Any thoughts on why this is not working?

P.S. I am glad to have found a forum dedicated to CCTV because it has actually become something I have become quite interested in. ever since being asked by my boss to find, buy, and install a camera system. I keep find myself tinkering and fiddling with our new CCTV system while at work to get the options perfect, almost as a distraction from doing real work haha.

In case anyone else runs into this issue, it turns out the problem was the Webviewer port 80. For some reason my ISP was blocking port 80 over WAN. A call with Samsung's tech support had them change the port forwarding range to 80~81, which got it working.