Sign in to follow this  
bsk2810

Single CCTV camera on 3rd screen

Hello,

In my parents shop we have 16 cameras set up, covering pretty much every possible angle of the shop, Recently I purchased the Apollo 16 channel DVR. On this there is a VGA,HDMI,BNC outputs which can all run at once.

We have one computer screen in the back room which is connected by VGA.

We have another one behind the counter showing the same as the one in the back via HDMI.

However we have another screen hanging down from the roof infront of our counter, we want this screen to display just one camera which is on our furthest isle which cannot be seen by the counter it is shown on the small screen behind the counter but this shows 4 cameras so we would like this screen to show just the one of the far isle.

I did successfully do this with our old DVR i just put a BNC splitter on the back of the camera we wanted into the DVR this does decrease the qualitity of the picture however it showed on the top screen, However we have now bought a new CCTV screen for the top screen and it only have a VGA input. Following this we have bought a VGA to BNC adapter and still no picture.

Does anyone have any ideas how i could connect this or how i could get this to work.

Cheers,

Brad.

Hello,

In my parents shop we have 16 cameras set up, covering pretty much every possible angle of the shop, Recently I purchased the Apollo 16 channel DVR. On this there is a VGA,HDMI,BNC outputs which can all run at once.

We have one computer screen in the back room which is connected by VGA.

We have another one behind the counter showing the same as the one in the back via HDMI.

However we have another screen hanging down from the roof infront of our counter, we want this screen to display just one camera which is on our furthest isle which cannot be seen by the counter it is shown on the small screen behind the counter but this shows 4 cameras so we would like this screen to show just the one of the far isle.

I did successfully do this with our old DVR i just put a BNC splitter on the back of the camera we wanted into the DVR this does decrease the qualitity of the picture however it showed on the top screen, However we have now bought a new CCTV screen for the top screen and it only have a VGA input. Following this we have bought a VGA to BNC adapter and still no picture.

Does anyone have any ideas how i could connect this or how i could get this to work.

Cheers,

Brad.

What you need is a composite to VGA converter, not a VGA to composite. It sounds like you have used a computer screen , you could always go out & buy a cheap flat screen TV and just plug straight into the video input