Robbrageous

Swann NVR8-7200 - Cameras cutting in an out

Hi,

I received my Swann NVR8-7200 + 4 HD cameras from Costco yesterday. In testing out everything before installing it all, I have found something strange....

I have 1 camera hooked up and while watching the live view if I have the multi screen set to 3*3 or 1+7, everything seems fine. However if I try view the single screen, 2*2, or 1+5, the active camera cuts out after a couple seconds and "No Link" is displayed. I then can switch back to 3*3 or 1+7 and the camera feed is back.

I have tried all 4 camera, multiple ethernet cables, and multiple ports all with the same result.

I called Swann support and they want to send me a new power cable. Does this seem like reasonable cause of the issue? Seems bizarre that locally on the NVR the multiscreen config is affecting the connection to the camera..

Any help/advice would be much, much appreciated!

it sounds like when you do full screen its auto switching after 5 seconds, and happens to cycle to a port that no camera is on.

its important to know that the swtich on the back of the nvr isn't numbered like a traditional switch...most switches are labeled like this

the swann is labeled

So lets say you plugged the 4 cameras into 1 5 2 and 6

When the screen cycles your going to see feed on 1 then 2...and then nothing until it gets to 5 and 6 then nothing till it gets to 1....if that makes sense

Check it out.

Thank you so very, very much; you were bang on!

Im a bit embarrassed I couldnt figure that out, but even a bit more embarrassed for Swann who was now ready to send me a new NVR...

Once again, much appreciated!!