Nimajneb

Noob needs help!

I have a small health clinic, and one of our staff members is stealing from us. I would like to install an inexpensive surveillance system to catch them in the act, but I'm having trouble finding what parts I need.

I found a cheap Chinese hidden camera that seems ideal, it comes with a wireless receiver with RCA AV out. What would I need to get to make this system work? I need to record it, and ideally would like to see it remotely. I expect cost will put remote viewing out of reach.

Any help would be appreciated. Would like 3-4 cameras ideally

http://www.axis.com/products/p12_series/ They can function as their own recorder so you don't need a computer running to view the footage later. Just throw in an SD card, connect it to something that provides PoE, log in with a computer to set up the cam's IP, motion detection, etc, and wait. They're just over $400 each. A single PoE injector to enable you to plug it into, say, an existing router or switch at the office will cost under $30.

showing example setups. If you watch the video you'll see some actual footage from the cameras in a number of places. I've had some good (not noname cheap ones) analog pinhole bullets running on high-power analog wireless transmitters and I guarantee that these Axis cams greatly outperform them.

If you're set on cheap Chinese analog wireless cameras, they can hook up easily to any analog dvr. You will most likely be getting a signal with lots of static (making motion detection useless) and very poor video quality, but if you're lucky enough to get decent video out of them you will probably be able to identify someone you know who is doing the stealing.

Oh, and just about any DVR allows easy remote viewing, as will the Axis cameras I mentioned. They'll even have a function in the web setup utility to click that'll automagically set up port forwarding for easy remote viewing with any computer, tablet, or smartphone. Axis Camera Companion software on a computer will allow you to log into the camera at any time and view the footage saved on the SD card, or you can set up a network share to save it to a hard drive. You can watch the footage live through ACC or a web browser.