Sign in to follow this  
febri

Ask Device to split many display screen by IP Cam

Hello CCTV forum

Referr from my tittle... I just want to ask device/tool for split many display screen...

Example 1 Host/Server to monitoring 8 IP cam... (1:8) Except Matrix...

For more detail.. see my attach...

Thanks to anyone can solve it....

Best Regards..

Untitled.jpg.c1defbd35f2ac0518440a3a2a5d18516.jpg

@Thewireguys

i want each monitor displaying different view... Like call ip address in each IP cam.... May i using software CMS client... So in this case i need a device to split for many screen..

Best Regards

What you need is a computer that has a graphics adapter with multiple outputs, and probably multiple graphics adapters if you want up to 8 screens.

If using CMS, you will also need to be using a CMS program that supports multi-monitor. You could also do it opening a web browser on every window pointing to the right IP camera.

@mindtwist

Of course cms must support monitoring multiple display... But i still don't know device to split from server...

Who's know that device...?

@mindtwist

Of course cms must support monitoring multiple display... But i still don't know device to split from server...

Who's know that device...?

You do not need any "device", just a computer with multiple video cards/monitor outputs.

Those are VGA and HDMI splitters, they do not do what you are asking for. A splitter will just show the same image on many monitors.

If you want different output on 8 screens, you need 8 video outputs on your computer. The video card thewireguys links would do it, but it doesn't come cheap. Otherwise you can use several video cards, I am sure there are cheaper video cards with 3 outputs, but you would need a motherboard with at least 3 PCIE ports (3 cards, 3 video out each).

Those are VGA and HDMI splitters, they do not do what you are asking for. A splitter will just show the same image on many monitors.

If you want different output on 8 screens, you need 8 video outputs on your computer. The video card thewireguys links would do it, but it doesn't come cheap. Otherwise you can use several video cards, I am sure there are cheaper video cards with 3 outputs, but you would need a motherboard with at least 3 PCIE ports (3 cards, 3 video out each).

So what's solution for this problem?? I must use android app? Use more video output on my PC?

So what's solution for this problem?? I must use android app? Use more video output on my PC?

Again here is a link to a video card that will do exactly what you want.

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/graphics_cards/m_series/m9188pciex16/

Please explain your opinion why it's a bad idea. The OP stated he wants something that would work with IPCam. I'm new to the IP Camera field and am learning.

I agree that it is a bad idea. That might be a good solution for home use, maybe just for one monitor, for an end user, etc.. 8 of those devices on 8 monitors? No way I would install that on any serious customer, I would not even want that for myself.

8 different monitors hooked up to a computer showing different desktops = computer with 8 video outputs, or more than one computer.

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but I don't recall the OP ever saying he wanted 8 monitors to view 8 separate cameras, only 8 cameras and multiple monitors. That needs to be clarified first. Second,the OP also didn't state whether this is for a business/client or for home use. Third, the OP asked if any of the suggestions were compatible with IPCam, which is an app for Android. That's why I suggested the Mini-PC dongles. Again, I'm new to the cctv field and am learning a lot on these forums.

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but I don't recall the OP ever saying he wanted 8 monitors to view 8 separate cameras, only 8 cameras and multiple monitors. That needs to be clarified first. Second,the OP also didn't state whether this is for a business/client or for home use. Third, the OP asked if any of the suggestions were compatible with IPCam, which is an app for Android. That's why I suggested the Mini-PC dongles. Again, I'm new to the cctv field and am learning a lot on these forums.

i want each monitor displaying different view... Like call ip address in each IP cam.... May i using software CMS client... So in this case i need a device to split for many screen..

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/graphics_cards/m_series/m9188pciex16/

I want a VGA output display, matrox use a DVI port..

I want a VGA output display, matrox use a DVI port..

It actually has 8 displayport outputs, not DVI. You would need 8 displayport to VGA adapters.

If the card comes with the 8 displayport to DVI adapters shown in the pictures, it would probably be way cheaper to just get 8 DVI to VGA adapters.