Wizz

Any advantages to a Gigabit uplink using ~7 3MP cameras ?

I searched but couldn't find the answer. Just curious if there is any advantage of a switch having a Gigabit uplink considering the other 8 ports on the switch are 10/100 when used with about 7 3MP cameras (home router is Gigabit as well)? Much appreciated

Not really, what bitrate will you use with those cameras? If the NVR is connected at 100mbps, that would be more than enough to use each of the 7 cameras at a 10mbps bitrate.

Not really, what bitrate will you use with those cameras? If the NVR is connected at 100mbps, that would be more than enough to use each of the 7 cameras at a 10mbps bitrate.

Not sure yet as I haven't gotten that far. I just want to know if I'd even be close to borderline in needing a Gigabit uplink on the switch. NVR will be a Gen 3 i7 PC fyi.

Not sure yet as I haven't gotten that far. I just want to know if I'd even be close to borderline in needing a Gigabit uplink on the switch. NVR will be a Gen 3 i7 PC fyi.

You won't be even close, but if you do have a Gigabit port on the switch, use if for the NVR, of course.