Brenning

Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I - iSCSI?

Hi All,

Has anyone managed to get the Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I working to store recordings over iSCSI? The documentation lists it as being supported (optional) but other than that i cant find any settings anywhere or any documentation showing how to set this up.

Brenning

I second this question. I tried using Hikvision’s built in webserver with the NAS/NFS tab and was unable to get it to work. I would prefer to use iSCSI anyway. Has anyone got NFS or iSCSI to work reliably?

I just want motion detected video dumped to a 3TB HD drive inside my server using as minimal cpu resources as possible. What is the best way to accomplish this?

I tried that document but I was unable to get the NFS to work reliably. Once the camera or server rebooted my NFS configuration status would change from Normal to Uninitialized. I do not have a Synology NAS and would like to use Windows Server with NFS installed. Although I would rather use iSCSI if that is possible.

I tried that document but I was unable to get the NFS to work reliably. Once the camera or server rebooted my NFS configuration status would change from Normal to Uninitialized. I do not have a Synology NAS and would like to use Windows Server with NFS installed. Although I would rather use iSCSI if that is possible.

Did you format/initialise it?

This doesn't format the drive, it goes through and allocates space and create index files.

I have got the NFS to work ok on a camera and the the NVR. I have not tried the iSCSI on the NVR, I haven't spent enough time to get that working.

I have NFS working with mine. If you need help getting it working let me know. Pressing format didn't wipe any data on my NFS share (although I had nothing else on there to start off with) it just simply creates a load of blank video files ready to write to.

After doing a bit more digging, it seems the actual hikvision cam may not be able to mount iSCSI targets itself but more supports the use of it through another host. So for example if you had a windows server with some drives mapped as iSCSI from a NAS box...

other than this theory, I cant find any information whatsoever from Hikvision on iSCSI...

I could use some help with getting NFS working, thanks for the offer. I am using the NFS built into Windows Server 2008 R2, how are you doing it?

I was able to format the NFS share and saw the blank videos fill the directory. I also was able to get the camera to records videos to the share which I could playback by browsing the volume on my computer. Although I was not able to playback the videos using the option built into the camera’s webserver.

Does your NFS connection remain connected even after a reboot? Also what happens when the volume fills up? Will the camera automatically overwrite the oldest video?

I could use some help with getting NFS working, thanks for the offer. I am using the NFS built into Windows Server 2008 R2, how are you doing it?

I was able to format the NFS share and saw the blank videos fill the directory. I also was able to get the camera to records videos to the share which I could playback by browsing the volume on my computer. Although I was not able to playback the videos using the option built into the camera’s webserver.

Does your NFS connection remain connected even after a reboot? Also what happens when the volume fills up? Will the camera automatically overwrite the oldest video?

I use NFS from my Netgear readynas 104 (which is turning out to be a pile of crap performance wise, don't buy one!!) From what I've seen the cameras appear to detect the volume size that the NFS share sits on and fills up accordingly. Readynas 104 doesn't support folder or share quotas so I cant test anything out. On my old readynas 1100 it used to overwrite the older files as it reached the quota limit on the folder. For the cameras web server video playback, possibly a port needs opening on windows firewall? I've also noticed when trying to view playback files remotely via the web console I have to log into my NAS web portal (just to the main status screen) before the camera will find any video files, otherwise it just comes up with a message on the right hand side under the calendar saying something along the lines of "search failed"

hope this helps. Cameras are great, Netgear readynas 104 is shockingly bad and struggles to even record one camera at 8192kbps without creating stuttering on the recordings when a car drives past or something big moves

I contacted Hikvision support and it was slow getting answers out of them. Their current firmware only supports Hikvision own NAS with NFS protocol. V5.1.0 firmware will support 3rd party NAS such as Synology with NFS protocol. V5.1.0 will be available next month. They did not answer my questions about iSCSI support.

I started using Milestone XProtect Go and it is looking like this will work for what I need. I am running their server software to capture the video and it is using very little CPU resources on my server. I installed the client software and it works perfectly on my desktop and laptop.

I contacted Hikvision support and it was slow getting answers out of them. Their current firmware only supports Hikvision own NAS with NFS protocol. V5.1.0 firmware will support 3rd party NAS such as Synology with NFS protocol. V5.1.0 will be available next month. They did not answer my questions about iSCSI support.

That is strange because any NAS with a created NFS drive can be used.

Good to hear that 5.1 might bring other capabilities.

Can you let me know what settings you used for server 2008 R2? I'm using Server 2012 but struggling to get it working. The camera sees the share but i cant initialise / format it from the camera. It just flashes up for a split second saying formatting but then reverts back to uninitialised.

or anyone for that matter. The issue appears to be that the NFS share is showing as 0b free space from the cameras point of view even though its a 4tb drive with no other data on there (so plenty of free space)

I was never able to get NFS working reliably so I gave up and have been using Milestone XProtect. To get the format working I changed the encoding from BIG5 to ANSI. The camera was then able to format the volume and write to it, but went back to uninitialized after rebooting the camera.

I was never able to get NFS working reliably so I gave up and have been using Milestone XProtect. To get the format working I changed the encoding from BIG5 to ANSI. The camera was then able to format the volume and write to it, but went back to uninitialized after rebooting the camera.

Ive had NFS working fine on a netgear readynas but the hardware wasnt up to spec. i'm wondering it its just a setting in windows? something to do with how windows reports back on free space since the camera see's 0bytes free? very annoying as i cant record now

ok, through sheer spamming of settings so to speak, I've got this working on Windows Server 2012 with NFS and 4 cameras happily recording even after rebooting the cameras. Not tried rebooting the server yet but small steps I guess