Wizz

Installing PC/switch in air-handler closet = interference ?

I am limited as to where I can install my PC tower (in a lock-box) and a switch where it won't be easily discovered. I have one of those dedicated air-handler closets that contains a vertical HVAC air-handler. It has good ventilation and temps are stable year round in that closet. My concern is if the air-handler will generate interference? Here is a picture (there is more room in there than the pic shows, and that is RG6 cable that is strung through there from previous owner), many thanks:

233080_1.jpg

Thank you for the reply, I was initially a bit concerned about the motor from the fan generating interference. I will be sure to keep the PC tower and switch/cables away from the power line.

Never say never, but you shouldn't expect interference from the fan motor unless both it AND something in your system is defective. Most computer equipment is fairly robust when it comes to noise rejection and error handling, plus most electrical equipment and wiring doesn't generate much interference unless it is very close to the computer equipment. Just try and keep your data cables away from AC wiring (particularly if you run them touching and parallel for a while) and the motor itself. Even then it's common for data cables to run by AC wiring all the time without problems. Just look at the back of most computers- network cabling touching the computer's power wire isn't the kiss of death for data integrity.