Razer_SE

Need older firmware for Vivotek 8332, where might I find it?

I have some vivotek cameras that could use a newer firmware, the new ones I'm getting come with 2.00d and that works well and I'd like to find it for download somewhere but can't find it.

The new 3.00 firmware has some big bugs with pages not being viewable, say to change the bitrate for example. Times zones for scheduling night more are all screwy etc. Kind of a big deal, and once you go to 3.00 you can't roll back so I'd avoid that for now fyi. Ask me how I know...

Anyway, assistance on the 2.00d would be appreciated if anyone knows where it might be hiding at Vivotek. I was thinking there was an Vivotek FTP out there with the the older firmware on it but I cannot find it.

They used to have several older versions of firmware on the support site, but seem to have gone away from that.

I have a copy of 0200d and can post a link to it later. I haven't tried version 3, but when I went from 1.xx to 2.00d, it wouldn't let me go back to the older version again.

Support said they could do it for me, but I never got around to it, as it was only one camera. I left all the others on 1.xx, as 0200d caused worse night images and more IR halo for me.

Thank you very much sir, I really do appreciate the assistance!

This is why these forums are great, the people. I have no idea where I'd have ever found this otherwise.

After upgrading to 300e there is no "Video" page in the config section. The link is there, but it goes to Page Cannot be Found. Has anyone been able to downgrade from 300e?

When I wanted to downgrade from 0200d, it wouldn't let me. Vivotek support got back to me pretty quickly and offered to do it for me, but was unwilling to provide me with the files and/or procedures to do it myself.

I opted to leave it as is.

Try their tech support and see what they say.

I have the 0104a firmware, the version I'm still running on mine, if you still need that I can upload somewhere. (Also have 109a as well but it had horrible quality in night mode). As noted above though I don't think you can downgrade once you've gone v2 or higher. I'd like to try v3 but afraid to!

By the way I did find a post in another forum about the bug where you can't access the Video page after upgrading to 0300e. In short, doing a hard reset (remove back cover and press reset button) apparently fixes it. I haven't tried it myself since I'm on older firmware but might be worth a shot for those having issues with ti.