gencom

Did I screw up my camera placement? (front of house) :(

ok I just install my first 4 camera outdoor system. (first time)

I got two camera in the front of my house and after installing it I notice my neighbors that have two camera in front are angled differently than mine. (our houses layout/design are pretty much the same and I've seen this angle/placement before also)

How the cameras angle/placements are on several neightbors and other residence I've seen:

http://geniv.com/download/clist/Camera%20Angle%20Normal.gif

How my is placed/angled: (I mainly want to get a good view of whos going into my house and driveway)

http://geniv.com/download/clist/Camera%20Angle%20GIF%20KIN.gif

for reference this is my two camera image.

http://geniv.com/download/clist/Camera%20Angle%20Live%20Pic.gif

Is there a reason/method why I should re arrange my cameras to be like the neigbors? or my placement is ok?

1275104824_CameraAngleGIFKIN.thumb.gif.cbe535476b471f4c5541db1cf48264b5.gif

1615967996_CameraAngleLivePic.thumb.gif.f9b00ed0feae48f0c8407a52e78249ed.gif

705284028_CameraAngleNormal.thumb.gif.af827fa75da70ad6888d3893aaba8d7f.gif

Your camera placement is definately way worse than your neighbours. Your cameras are not covering each other, they could be vandalised and you would not even know what happened. You have quite a blind spot on your garden, and more importantly, on your porch. If there is a window in there, then it is even worse.

Also, the camera on the left is looking way too high. Why do you record the street? The main purpose of the camera should be to cover your porch and main door, and not the cars on the other side of the street.

I would move them.

I agree with Mindtwist and would mount the cameras lower as well. Most people will walk with their heads pointed down, especially if they're creeping around unfamiliar yards at night in poor lighting. A high mount plus downturned faces gives poor identification. Add a ballcap and/or a hoodie and you've got almost nothing except clothing. They're more susceptible to adjustment/vandalism when down low, but if their job is to give you an identifiable face pic of strangers then they won't be doing their job 90% of the time. Lower mounting will also simultaneously allow better coverage of your property AND across the street if that's what you want.

thanks for the info guys. I repositioned my cameras to how the neighbors has it.

the new positions seems to be able to see people better as it is more to the side. Now I have visual coverage of my windows and most of the porch. now anyone that try to get to the windows or cameras can be captured on video

btw: I can't put it any lower as it will be hitting windows.

993057305_CameraAngleLivePic.thumb.gif.63b03daeafc319bf88da03d12419f8cd.gif

709198519_CameraAngleLivePicrepositioned.thumb.gif.291a716cae53d54dbea6b169a9720f65.gif

thanks again for the help.

the cameras in the front of the house don't look so out of place and ugly now.