Sign in to follow this  
amartya106

what's the ip adress for different connect methods?

what's the ip adress for different connect methods?

1. directly connect the ipcamera and NVR, and connect NVR to router, computer connect router also. the router gate is 192.168.1.1, what's the ipcamera ip adress?

2. use poe switch connect router, poe switch connect camera, and NVR connect the router. computer connect the router. and what's the ip adress for ipcamera?

thanks a lot!!!

ummmm, I am not quite sure how to handle this since it is a very broad and incredibly vague set of questions but I will give you a starting point. There is a default address for every piece of equipment and it varies based on who made it. Some of them will have this default address listed on a sticker attached to the device itself. I would suggest starting there, and then I would see if the maker of these devices has a "finder" utility that will help you see unknown devices on your network. Sometimes this comes on a CD with the equipment and sometimes you have to get it from their website.

You have not really provided enough information for anyone to give you an answer beyond that, but good luck.

Your computer ip-address must be set to same network as the devices you're trying to connect to, either by ip or netmask.

Few examples:

- Your computer ip is 192.168.1.5, netmask 255.255.255.0, you can connect to any device with ip-address on a range of 192.168.1.1-254.

- NVR ip: 10.140.1.150 netmask 255.255.255.0, any ip camera from 10.140.1.1 to 10.140.1.254 is possible to connect to this NVR.

- Router ip is 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 and DHCP is enabled. Router will provide ip addresses to all the devices connected if the "automatic ip /ip from dhcp" is enabled, and you can check the addresses assigned to devices from router.

PoE switch only works just as normal switch, but supplies power via ethernetcable. Ip-settings are just the same.

Just like ssnapier said, there are "camera finders" or "device search" or "ip address utilities" for most of the camera manufacturers. To name few i've used:

- Dahua ConfigTool

- Dynacolor DeviceSearch

- Panasonic EasyIpSetup

- Pelco Device Utility

- Shany MyFinder

- Sony IP Setup or SNC Toolbox

- Axis IP Util

- Many more..

Default ip addresses for cameras can usually be found out via google. Just google up camera model and "default ip".