Wizz

Should I use a mounting arm in this location for a dome?

In the below pic I will be mounting a dome to the column on the right side of the pic overlooking the gate entrance/col-de-sac (has to be the column on the right since it has existing conduit running through the middle of the stone column exiting at the center top). I planned on mounting it just above the end gate post (w/the hinges) on the widest 'flat' at the top of the column.

-I could mount the dome directly to the flat above the gate post (dome oriented sideways). But my concern with this option is that the stone is textured (think french lace) and I'm worried the rubber pad/seal on the back of the dome camera might let water intrude since the surface would be textured.

-Or I can mount an arm to that flat which would suspend the dome in a traditional manner as well as give me a bit more angle aiming options, this option is visually more intrusive.

Suggestions? Thanks

233794_1.jpg

In the below pic I will be mounting a dome to the column on the right side of the pic overlooking the gate entrance/col-de-sac (has to be the column on the right since it has existing conduit running through the middle of the stone column exiting at the center top). I planned on mounting it just above the end gate post (w/the hinges) on the widest 'flat' at the top of the column.

-I could mount the dome directly to the flat above the gate post (dome oriented sideways). But my concern with this option is that the stone is textured (think french lace) and I'm worried the rubber pad/seal on the back of the dome camera might let water intrude since the surface would be textured.

-Or I can mount an arm to that flat which would suspend the dome in a traditional manner as well as give me a bit more angle aiming options, this option is visually more intrusive.

Suggestions? Thanks

233794_1.jpg

put it on the side then use silicon to prevent water getting under it