Sign in to follow this  
james121515

Question about Samsung CCTV smtp emailing service

Samsung has a very nice emailing service which emails you anytime there is an event: motion detection, video loss, password change, among others.

For my purposes, motion detection is going to be the most important thing to be notified about via email. The only thing is that the thing is constantly emailing me all day long about motion detection. You can set it to email you in various intervals, up to 30 minutes. So, during opening hours, I receive an email every 30 minutes, which is becoming a burden as it tells me nothing. What I would really like is if it could be set to only email at certain hours in the same sense that you can schedule the DVR to record during certain hours. But as far as I can tell, there is no way to schedule the emailing service. Either it's on and emailing you all day, or it's completely off. Perhaps there is an email client where you can schedule incoming mail to be suppressed/deleted at certain hours? Google searching has indicated that microsoft exchange, gmail, and Apple mail do not have this functionality.

Can anyone recommend a solution for this?

Also, out of curiosity, do any of the other budget level CCTV systems such as Swann and Q-see allow scheduling of the SMTP service?

Thanks for your time!

James