I just bought a used Spectra IV with a DD4CBW23 in it.

I was having a little problem with the ptz control from my G4-XLAHD dvr. When I use the ptz control from my dvr the control locks up and I have to re power the camera. I up graded the firmware to 2.502 and I still have the same problem. Any ideas. I have it setup to RS485 / D.

I have a KBD300A that seems to work ok untill I open my DVR client software.

Also the type of lighting in the camera has changed from T1 to I 571 what does this stand for. I searched pelco's site and found nothing and what does I 590 mean. I have it on.

Thanks

hollisav

Disconnect the keyboard KBD300A. Make sure you can control the camera via the DVR client software.

If you can control the camera via software - unfortunately, to include KBD300A keyboard you need to buy additional equipment (Data Manager). You can also try to use the RS485 galvanic isolator.

T1 - type of lighting for use in outdoor applications (default).

Thanks for the reply.

I am using a Hunt HTS-RSoo8 RS-485 Serial Data Distributor. Mine has 1 serial and 2 RS485 inputs. I havr the KBD300A hooked to 1 RS485 input and my DVR hooked into the 2nd RS485 input. I can control the PTZ with either control. However IF I use the KBD300A without my client software running I can control PTZ with no problems. If I turn on client software I can control the PTZ with either controller but the PTZ locks up at random times. This happens even when I don't have the KBD300A hooked into the system. I am thinking software problem with the DVR.

As far as the lighting I am not giving the T1 option. It only gives me i590. I had the T1 option untill I upgraded firmware.