Sign in to follow this  
Enduser72

Hello all from a newbie in at the deep end

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself, am a time-served and multi-skilled electrician by trade with a reasonably firm grounding in the wonderful world of IT and networking due to a temp career change a little while back.

Have worked now for civil service for a good few years and through self teaching, and trial and error I am now the electrician on site who solely looks after a range of cctv from PC based units to full modern DVRs, using an assortment fibres, cat5, and RG59 cable.

Now look after some 500+ cameras of many various types and around 25 recorders, all spread over about 1.5 sq kilometers!!!!!!

Will be reading your posts very closely, as I want to remain as the "CCTV man" and this area of my work I find very interesting and rewarding.

Have been given a very precise task to investigate and advise on a few 'enhancements', potentially costing many 1000s of ££££££ but will post this question when time permits in the relevant forum.

Will always give as much information as possible, but would be grateful if you could bear with me on some information you may request as my employer strictly prohibits my divulging certain information.

Cheers